Fiorente will look to improve on last year’s second place run with a win in the 2013 Melbourne Cup at Flemington on Tuesday.
The six-year-old has had an ideal preparation going into the $6 million Cup, placing third in the Group 1 Cox Plate last start.
Fiorente will be out to give his trainer, Gai Waterhouse, her first ever Melbourne Cup winner when he lines up in two days’ time.
The Monsun entire has won three of his 15 race starts in total and has earned more than $1.57 million in prize money during his career.
Fiorente is currently the $7.50 favourite to win the 2013 Melbourne Cup at Ladbrokes.com.au.
Don’t miss out on backing the winner for the remainder of the spring racing carnival! Ensure you claim their Double The Odds on the Melbourne Cup by opening a Ladbrokes.com.au account today.
A $50 bet on Polanski in the Victoria Derby at Double The Odds would have paid out an impressive $550 in cash!
Join our favourite bookie ladbrokes.com.au to gain access to these fantastic odds throughout the remainder of the 2013 spring racing carnival.
So open a Ladbrokes.com.au account now and claim your bonus bet today!
#6 Fiorente – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 5
- Jockey: Damien Oliver
- Trainer: Tom Dascombe
- Owners: Mr A Black & Owen Promotions Limited
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Monsun out of Desert Bloom
- Career: 15:3-4-2
- Last 6: 3×6143
- Prize Money: $1,571,611
- Track: 5-1-1-1
- Distance: 2-0-1-0
- Current 2013 Melbourne Cup Odds: $15 with Double The Odds
Why Fiorente Can Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- He placed an impressive second in last year’s race and has had a perfect spring campaign leading into the Melbourne Cup.
- He has drawn ideally in barrier five, which is the barrier Green Moon won from last year.
Why Fiorente Can’t Win The 2013 Melbourne Cup
- He will be looking for his first ever win at the track when he runs in the Melbourne Cup.