Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Prominent thoroughbred owner and racing personality Lloyd Williams has paid the final acceptance fee for all six of his 2013 Melbourne Cup horses giving him 25% of the entire 24-horse field for next Tuesday’s feature race.
Final acceptances for the $6.2 million Group 1 Emirates Melbourne Cup (3200m) closed at 4:30pm (AEST) today, Williams getting in early and accepting for all six of his hopefuls.
The best fancied of the Robert Hickmott-trained clan is Sea Moon ($13 pre-post), after their Herbert Power Stakes victory over 2400m at Caulfield on October 12.
Williams will be represented in the 2013 Melbourne Cup field by:
- Sea Moon – Beat Hollow six-year-old has been super consistent over the past month, lost the Bart Cummings (2500m) on protest returning just seven days’ later for the Herbert Power win, that was their final lead-up for the Cup and the bookies are rating them a top chance as they carried 60 and 59.5kg respectively in their last two, get into the Cup with 56.5kg
- Fawkner – Caulfield Cup winner will carry 54.5kg including their 1.5kg penalty, a lovely lightweight, but only $26 pre-post as could have peaked early and distance is a query
- Mourayan – Alhaarth eight-year-old so already that’s against them with only three eight-year-olds having won the Melbourne Cup over the years, ran today when seventh in the Mackinnon but are proven over the two miles having won this year’s Sydney Cup back in April, the roughie in Melbourne Cup betting ($101 pre-post)
- Seville – Second best supported of Williams’ Cup contingent ($16 pre-post), won The Metropolitan over the mile and a half in Sydney two back, seven in the Cox Plate last start when back down in distance, stepping up for the 3200m should suit
- Masked Marvel – British import with form up to 3600m in Europe, has had four runs down under for very mixed form, most recently beating home just one other runner in the Cox Plate but is $31 (pre-post) to improve going up in the metres on Cup Day
- Green Moon – Reigning Melbourne Cup winner won at 20-1 last year, 31-1 pre-post to successfully defend their title and become the sixth dual winner of the race in history
Bookmark us here at Races.com.au to view the full 2013 Melbourne Cup field and barrier draw once officially released, which is also when our preferred online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au open their incredible ‘Double The Melbourne Cup Odds’ markets.
So don’t settle for second best this Melbourne Cup Day, lock in the best price on your selections at Ladbrokes.com.au enjoying a bonus sign-up bet valued up to $500 as a first-time depositing customers
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.