Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Glen Boss has been adamant throughout the 2013 Spring Racing Carnival that Puissance De Lune was good enough to win both the Melbourne Cup and Cox Plate but the imported stayer is yet to salute at Group 1 level despite having three attempts this preparation.
Puissance De Lune was beaten as a short priced favourite in the Group 1 Makybe Diva Stakes (1600m) and finished a narrow second in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) but has still been backed into Cox Plate odds of $4.40.
Trainer Darren Weir is confident that Puissance De Lune will be peaking heading into the Cox Plate, after four lead-up runs before the event, and he has worked strongly in the last week.
Can Puissance De Lune return to favoritism for the Melbourne Cup with a Cox Plate victory or will his Group 1 hopes continue to fade?
#8 Puissance De Lune – Horse Form
- Barrier: 8
- Jockey: Ben Melham
- Trainer: Darren Weir
- Owners: Limerick Lane
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Shamardal from Princess Serena
- Career: 17 8-5-0
- Win: 47%
- Place: 76%
- Last 5: X1272
- Prize Money: $776,495
- Track: 0 0-0-0
- Distance: 3 1-2-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $4.40 ($8.80 DTO)
Why Puissance De Lune Can Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Has performed consistently during the 2013 Spring Racing Carnival.
- Is a versatile galloper who can be ridden towards the back of field or on the pace.
- Will get a lovely run into the race from barrier seven.
- Will relish any give in the Moonee Valley track.
- He has reached peak fitness after four lead-up runs.
Why Puissance De Lune Won’t Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Has failed to record a victory in three previous starts at Group 1 level.
- Will be making his debut at Moonee Valley.
- Regular jockey Glen Boss has been suspended due to careless riding and Ben Melham will be riding the entire for the first time.
- Failed to let down on a firm track in the Turnbull Stakes.
- Is better over a longer staying trip.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is offering Double The Odds on every single Cox Plate runner so you can back Puissance De Lune at the amazing odds of $8.80!
Sign-up and deposit this weekend to receive a free bet worth up to $500 that can be used to back the winner of the Cox Plate or any other major race during the 2013 Spring Racing Carnival!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.