The Doomben Cup 2018 takes centre stage in...
Fiorente has been a drifter in 2013 Cox Plate betting markets and is now out to odds of $5 after starting the week as short as $4.20 to give leading trainer Gai Waterhouse her first ever win in the Cox Plate.
Waterhouse has had plenty of quality horses run in the Cox Plate but she is yet to taste victory in the $3.5 million Group 1 event; despite finishing second with Lotteria (2005) and Manhattan Rain (2009) and third with All Our Mob (1996) and Pierro (2012).
The Melbourne Cup has always been the major 2013 Spring Racing Carnival goal for but Fiorente he has shown, with his third place finish in the Group 1 All Aged Stakes (1400m) and his win in the Group 2 Dato’ Tan Chin Nam Stakes (1400m), that he has the turn-of-foot required to be successful at weight-for-age level in the Cox Plate.
Can Fiorente give Waterhouse a long-awaited Cox Plate victory or will he join her star-studded list of Cox Plate failures?
#3 Fiorente – Horse Form
- Barrier: 15
- Jockey: Blake Shinn
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Owners: Henderson Racing et al.
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Monsun From Desert Bloom
- Career: 14 3-4-1
- Win: 21%
- Place: 57%
- Last 5: 3X614
- Prize Money: $1,351,611
- Track: 1 1-0-0
- Distance: 2 1-0-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $5($10 DTO)
Why Fiorente Can Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Won his only previous start at Moonee Valley in the Dato’ Tan Chin Nam Stakes.
- Flashed home late after receiving no luck in the Turnbull Stakes.
- Has the turn-of-foot required to win the Cox Plate.
- Is yet to run a bad race in Australia after arriving just before his second place finish in the 2012 Melbourne Cup.
- Beat Joshua Tree and Red Cadeaux in the Goldsmiths Stakes at his previous fourth-up start.
Why Fiorente Won’t Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Has failed to record a victory in four previous starts at Group 1 level.
- No horse has won the Cox Plate from barrier 14 in the last thirty years.
- Blake Shinn will be riding the entire in a race for the first time.
- Will settle towards the back of the field and may struggle to make up ground if there is a slow early tempo.
- The Melbourne Cup is his major 2013 Spring Racing Carnival target.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is offering Double The Odds on every runners in the 2013 Cox Plate so you can back Fiorente at the industry-high odds of $10!
Sign-up and deposit at the leading online bookie this weekend to receive a free bet worth up to $500 as well as take advantage of the incredible Double The Odds offer.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.