Long John will be looking to complete the Caulfield Guineas and 2013 Cox Plate double when he lines up at Moonee Valley Racecourse this Saturday.
The three-year-old won the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas by half a length last start and will now be attempting to take his success to the next level in the 2013 Cox Plate.
Long John has won five of his seven race starts and has earned more than $811,000 in prize money during his horse racing career.
The Street Cry gelding will be running in open competition for the first time in the 2013 Cox Plate, which will likely prove his biggest test.
Trained by Peter Snowden, Long John has drawn barrier 11 for the $3 million race and will be ridden by jockey Kerrin McEvoy.
Ladbrokes.com.au offer the best odds on all the best races throughout the 2013 spring racing carnival.
Join today and you will be rewarded with a bonus bet valued at 100% of your initial stakes when you deposit between $25 and $500.
Furthermore, you will receive an unbelievable Double The Odds on the 2013 Cox Plate.
So what are you waiting for? Join Ladbrokes.com.au and claim your bonus bet today!
#14 Long John – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 11
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owners: Sheikh Mohammed
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Street Cry out of Hosiery
- Career: 7-5-0-2
- Last 6: 1×3131
- Prize Money: $861,350
- Track: 1-0-0-1
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $16 with Double The Odds
Why Long John Can Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Long John is in winning form, having won the Group 1 Caulfield Guineas last start.
- Three-year-olds have a good record in the Cox Plate thanks to their light weight.
Why Long John Can’t Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Long John has never been extended over the 2,040 metre distance of the Cox Plate, with his longest win being in the 1,600 metre Caulfield Guineas last start.
- He will be running in open company for the first time in the 2013 Cox Plate.