Champion entire It’s A Dundeel is the favourite in 2013 Cox Plate betting markets and has been extremely well supported since the withdrawal of glamour mare Atlantic Jewelearlier this week.
It’s A Dundeel was available at Cox Plate odds of $6 before Atlantic Jewel’s scratching but is now into $4 and has continued to be well backed despite concerns that the son of High Chaparral has only had two runs in the lead-up to the Group 1 Australasian Weight-For-Age Championship.
The four-year-old missed the Group 1 Caulfield Stakes (2000m) after bursting a foot abscess and will have to overcome recent history to become the first horse in over thirty years to win the Cox Plate without having a lead-up run in October.
Will It’s A Dundeel give New Zealand their second victory in the Cox Plate in as many years or will the light preparation come back to haunt the three-year-old Triple Crown winner?
#11 It’s A Dundeel – Horse Form
- Barrier: 13
- Jockey: James McDonald
- Trainer: Murray Baker
- Owners: Craig Family et al.
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by High Chaparral From Stareel
- Career: 14 9-2-0
- Win: 64%
- Place: 79%
- Last 5: 12X41
- Prize Money: $2,377,155
- Track: 1 0-1-0
- Distance: 4 2-2-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $4 ($8 DTO)
Why It’s A Dundeel Can Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Is the class horse in the field having beaten Atlantic Jewel in the Underwood Stakes and won the three-year-old Triple Crown.
- Won the Gloaming Stakes and Rosehill Guineas in his only other third-up starts.
- Has been victorious at Group 1 level on five previous occasions.
- Has recorded two wins and two second place finishes from four starts over 2040 metres.
- He has been aimed specifically at the Cox Plate.
Why It’s A Dundeel Won’t Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Missed a start in the Caulfield Stakes and no horse has won the Cox Plate without having a past start in October in the last thirty years.
- Makybe Diva and So You Think are the only favourites to have won the Cox Plate in the past decade.
- Was upset by Super Cool in his only previous start at Moonee Valley.
- No horse has won the Cox Plate from barrier twelve in the last thirty years.
- Jockey James McDonald will be making his debut in the Cox Plate.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is offering Double The Odds on every single Cox Plate runner so you can back It’s A Dundeel at the exceptional odds of $20!
Sign-up and deposit this weekend to take advantage of this amazing promotion and receive a free bet worth up to $500 that can be used to back the winner of the Cox Plate or any other race this weekend.