The 2013 Cox Plate is scheduled to run at Moonee Valley Racecourse this Saturday, and Happy Trails will be one of 14 horses in the field.
Happy Trails has won six of his 37 race starts and has earned more than $1.58 million in prize money during his horse racing career.
The Good Journey gelding is in winning form, having saluted in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes over 2,000 metres last start.
The only hiccup in the horse’s spring preparation is a change in trainer, which occurred early this week and just days out from the 2013 Cox Plate.
Regular trainer Paul Beshara was suspended on suspicion of injecting Happy Trails with a performance enhancer prior to a race meet this spring and the horse was transferred to Byron Cozamanis’ stables.
Happy Trails is paying odds of $26 with Double The Odds to win the 2013 Cox Plate at Ladbrokes.com.au.
Would you like to receive a bonus bet worth up the $500 to spend on the 2013 spring racing carnival?
Just deposit between $25 and $500 into your new account to be eligible for a 100% bonus bet on your initial deposit at Ladbrokes.com.au.
This bonus can be used on any other race you choose, including those that are run as part of the spring racing carnival.
So sign up to Ladbrokes.com.au now and start winning.
#2 Happy Trails – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 2
- Jockey: Dwayne Dunn
- Trainer: Byron Cozamanis
- Owners: P & Mrs E Dickmann, J & Mrs K Dickmann & Ms N Dickmann & P Swanell
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Good Journey out of Madame Flurry
- Career: 37-6-6-6
- Last 6: 3×5741
- Prize Money: $1,589,150
- Track: 5-1-1-1
- Distance: 5-1-1-1
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $26 with Double The Odds
Why Happy Trails Can Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- Happy Trails is in winning form, having claimed victory in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes last start.
- He has drawn barrier two for the 2013 Cox Plate and is proven at both the track and the distance.
Why Happy Trails Can’t Win The 2013 Cox Plate
- He has had a changed of trainer just a few days out from the race.