Fawkner will be looking to claim his first win of the spring when he runs in the Group 1 Caulfield Cup at Caulfield tomorrow October 19, 2013.
The six-year-old has had three starts this spring carnival, with his most recent being in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes.
Fawkner placed third by less than half a length behind Happy Trails and will be out to go two places better when he lines up for the 2013 Caulfield Cup.
The Reset gelding is also nominated for next weekend’s 2013 Cox Plate, as well as the $6.2 million Melbourne Cup.
Fawkner is trained by Robert Hickmott at Mt Macedon and will be having his first test at 2,400 metres in the 2013 Caulfield Cup.
His longest win to date was in the La Vie En Rose Vase at Flemington on Melbourne Cup Day two years ago over 1,800 metres.
Fawkner is paying odds of $24 with Double The Odds at Ladbrokes.com.au.
Ensure you open an account with our favourite online bookmaker Ladbrokes.com.au before the 2013 Caulfield Cup in order to receive their fantastic horse racing betting odds.
Ladbrokes.com.au are offering an incredible Double The Odds on all the horses in this Saturday’s 2013 Caulfield Cup.
So sign up and take advantage of this special Double The Odds offer today!
#7 Fawkner – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 12
- Jockey: Nicholas Hill
- Trainer: Robert Hickmott
- Owners: N C Williams, Mr & Mrs L J Williams
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Reset out of Dane Belltar
- Career: 19-8-3-3
- Last 6: x3x753
- Prize Money: $770,751
- Track: 1-0-1-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $24 with Double The Odds
Why Fawkner Can Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- Fawkner placed a close second at his only other test at Caulfield, showing he is capable of handling the course.
- He will likely come into barrier 10 of 18 runners and was a close third in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes.
Why Fawkner Can’t Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- He has never been tested over the 2,400 metre distance.
- He has no winning form this spring racing carnival.