Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The Group 1 Caulfield Cup is set to take place at Caulfield Racecourse tomorrow October 19, 2013, and Hawkspur is presently the race favourite to take out the event.
Hawkspur is paying odds of $9.60 thanks to Double The Odds at Ladbrokes.com.au.
The four-year-old has won seven of his 22 race starts and has earned more than $796,000 in prize money.
The Purrealist gelding won the Group 2 Chelmsford Stakes by an impressive three and a half lengths at Royal Randwick Racecourse earlier this preparation and will be fifth-up in the 2013 Caulfield Cup.
His most recent start resulted in a close fifth placing in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes at Flemington, in which he finished just over half a length behind the winner.
Hawkspur’s biggest test will be his wide barrier draw of 16, which will most likely see him jump from gate 14 of 18 once emergencies are taken out.
Make sure you open an account with our favourite online bookmaker Ladbrokes.com.au in time for the remainder of the spring racing carnival and the 2013 Caulfield Cup.
Join now to secure a bonus bet worth up to $500 just by signing up.
Ladbrokes.com.au is where you will find all of the best horse racing odds this spring, and is offering an incredible Double The Odds on the 2013 Caulfield Cup this weekend.
So join now and start receiving the premium betting experience today!
#12 Hawkspur – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 16
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: Mr D M Puglisi, Mr A M Muollo, Mr T Ristevski, Mr E Spoljar
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Purrealist out of Mollyhawk
- Career: 22-7-6-0
- Last 6: 1×7145
- Prize Money: $796,380
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $9.60 with Double The Odds
Why Hawkspur Can Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- He has won his only other race at this distance and is therefore no query at 2,400 metres.
- Hawkspur has been in winning form this spring and has the added benefit of being trained by Chris Waller.
Why Hawkspur Can’t Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- He has drawn wide in barrier 16.
- Hawkspur has never before had a run at Caulfield Racecourse, with tomorrow’s race marking his first time at the track.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.