Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Royal Descent has been one of the best backed runners in 2013 Caulfield Cup betting markets since the barrier draw was conducted yesterday but is the four-year-old good enough to become the first mare to complete the Australian Oaks/Caulfield Cup double since How Now in 1976?
Royal Descent is currently available at Caulfield Cup odds of $6.50 and has received more support in the last 24 hours than any other runner in the field.
The Chris Waller-trained mare is yet to record a race win this preparation but has performed well in each of her race starts and is expected to relish the step-up to 2400 metres in the Caulfield Cup this weekend.
Will Royal Descent enter the history books by winning the Caulfield Cup who will she join the likes of Absolutely and Serenade Rose who impressed as three-year-olds but failed to live up to the grade as older horses?
#16 Royal Descent – Horse Form
- Barrier: 3
- Jockey: Nash Rawiller
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: Gerry Harvey
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Redoute’s Choice From Mulan Princess
- Career: 11 4-3-2
- Win: 36%
- Place: 81%
- Last 6: X2320
- Prize Money: $667,030
- Track: 0 0-0-0
- Distance: 1 1-0-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $6.50 ($13 DTO)
Why Royal Descent Can Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- Won her only previous start over 2400 metres, the Australian Oaks, by a dominant ten lengths.
- Will get a lovely run into the race from barrier 3 – the equal second most successful barrier in the Caulfield Cup in the past thirty years.
- Nash Rawiller is a proven big-race jockey who won the 2004 edition of the Caulfield Cup on Elvstroem.
- Was unlucky in the Turnbull Stakes and her previous three runs, including a second place finish in the Group 1 George Main Stakes (1600m), were stellar.
- Gets into the race well in the weights with just 54kg on her back.
Why Royal Descent Won’t Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- Trainer Chris Waller has had four previous runners in the Caulfield Cup and has never had a horse finish in the placings.
- Did not respond well to being checked in the Turnbull Stakes – the Caulfield Cup is a notoriously tough race that is regularly packed full of interference.
- Only two mares, Leilani (1974) and How Now (1976) have ever won the Australian Oaks and the Caulfield Cup in the same year.
- She is yet to win a race as a four-year-old or in open company.
- Has never raced on the notoriously tricky Caulfield track.
Whether you are backing Royal Descent or any other runner in the Caulfield Cup field you are sure to find the best odds at Ladbrokes.com.au!
The leading online bookie is offering Double The Odds on every single Caulfield Cup runner which means that Royal Descent is available at the amazing odds of $13!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.