European-trained stayer Dandino has been one of the biggest drifters in 2013 Caulfield Cup betting markets since the barrier draw was conducted yesterday morning.
Dandino was backed into 2013 Caulfield Cup odds as short as $6 but is now out to $10; with punters deserting the Marco Botti-trained entire after he drew barrier nineteen.
Outside barriers have not been a problem in recent editions of the Caulfield Cup, with three of the past four winners winning the race from a double figure barrier, and Dandino will have one of the best in the business on his back in Craig Williams – who is chasing his third straight win in the Caulfield Cup after winning with Southern Speed and Dunaden.
Can Dandino follow in the footsteps of Dunaden, All The Good and Taufan’s Melody and win the Caulfield Cup for Europe or will he be another international flop?
#2 Dandino – Horse Form
- Barrier: 19
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Marco Botti
- Owners: Australian Thoroughbred Bloodstock
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Dansili from Generous Diana
- Career: 25 8-8-1
- Win: 33%
- Place: 68%
- Last 5: 7X221
- Prize Money: $970,644
- Track: 0 0-0-0
- Distance: 16 4-7-0
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $10 ($20 DTO)
Why Dandino Can Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- Has an excellent record at 2400 metres and has the turn-of-foot required to be competitive at Group 1 level in Australia.
- His trackwork at the International Equine Centre at Werribee has been very impressive.
- Recorded a tough win in his last start in the United States St Leger.
- Is no stranger to racing overseas and has no trouble adapting to new environments.
- Has European form around Sea Moon, Fiorente and My Quest For Peace.
Why Dandino Won’t Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- Will need plenty of luck from barrier 16 (where he will start after the emergencies are removed).
- Yet to record a victory at Group 1 level after six attempts at the highest level of racing.
- Has not won in four previous starts outside of the United Kingdom.
- European-trained stayers have only been successful in the Caulfield Cup on three occasions.
- Will be having his first look at the Caulfield track.
Leading online bookie Ladbrokes.com.au is offering Double The Odds on every single Caulfield Cup runner so you can back Dandino at the exceptional odds of $20!
Sign-up and deposit this weekend to take advantage of this amazing promotion and receive a free bet worth up to $500 that can be used to back the winner of any horse running in Australia this weekend.