A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
Imported stayer Jet Away has had an interrupted preparation to the Group 1 2013 Caulfield Cup(2400m) but with Damien Oliver on board remains one of the fancied runners in the $2.5 million event at Caulfield on Saturday.
Jet Away has had just one run this preparation; finishing seventh in the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes (2000m) after missing out on runs in the Group 1 Makybe Diva Stakes (1600m) and the Group 1 Underwood Stakes (1800m).
Trainer David Hayes and owner Douglas Taylor both believe Jet Away will be suited by this European style preparation but will the Cape Cross entire be good enough to give Oliver a record-tying fifth Caulfield Cup victory?
#8 Jet Away – Horse Form
- Barrier: 13
- Jockey: Damien Oliver
- Trainer: David Hayes
- Owners: Douglas Taylor
- Age: 7YO
- Gender: Entire
- Breeding: by Cape Cross from Kalina
- Career: 19 8-4-1
- Win: 42%
- Place: 68%
- Last 5: X11X7
- Prize Money: $326,881
- Track: 1 1-0-0
- Distance: 2 0-1-1
- Current 2013 Caulfield Cup Odds: $10 ($20 DTO)
Why Jet Away Can Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- Tough stayer who will relish his first opportunity over 2400 metres in Australia.
- Has recorded two wins from three starts in Australia, including a win at Caulfield in the Group 3 Easter Cup (2000m).
- Damien Oliver has won the Caulfield Cup on four previous occasions with Mannerism (1992), Paris Lane (1994), Doriemus (1995) and Sky Heights (1999).
- Will improve from his stellar first-up run in the Turnbull Stakes.
- David Hayes has previously won the Caulfield Cup with imported stayer Tawqeet in 2006 and Fraar in 1993.
Why Jet Away Won’t Win The 2013 Caulfield Cup
- Missed a key lead-up run due to injury and will be going into the Caulfield Cup second-up.
- Is unproven at Group 1 level.
- Will need a bit of luck from barrier 13.
- Has never previously raced in such a large field – did most his racing in the United Kingdom against small fields.
You can find the best Caulfield Cup odds for Jet Away or any other Caulfield Cup runner at Ladbrokes.com.au.
The leading online bookie are offering Double The Odds for every single runner in the Caulfield Cup field so Jet Away is available at the lengthy odds of $20!
Sign-up at Ladbrokes.com.au before this Saturday to receive a bonus bet worth up to $500 that can be used on any of the major races this weekend.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.