Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
They defeated them last start but are second favourite for the rematch, so can the David Hayes-trained Fast ‘N’ Rocking get the job done over top fancy Prince Harada in Saturday’s Golden Rose 2013?
The duo were the dominant pair a fortnight ago when running one-two in the Group 3 HDF McNeil Stakes (1200m) at Caulfield, Fastnet Rock colt Fast ‘N’ Rocking getting the better run to finish a full two lengths ahead of Prince Harada.
Tony Vasil’s Haradasun colt Prince Harada had plenty of excuses however, poor riding by rival hoops preventing a clear run when it counted ruling them out of the win.
This Saturday the bookies are tipping a reversal of the McNeil quinella and have Prince Harada installed at the top of the markets for the $1 million Group 1 Golden Rose Stakes (1400m) paying $4.60.
Following closely is then Fast ‘N’ Rocking at $5.50 who is the more experienced of the two.
While Prince Harada has had just the three runs to date, Fast ‘N’ Rocking is something of a veteran for their age with nine previous starts.
It took all nine before they won a race, the McNeil their maiden victory, but there was plenty to like about many of their other runs including their first-up second in the Group 3 Vain Stakes (1100m) where they really should have defeated Safeguard.
So what else is there to like about Fast ‘N’ Rocking?
Should you back him over the favourite like the Races.com.au team suggest in their exclusive 2013 Golden Rose Betting Tips?
#2 Fast ‘N’ Rocking – Horse Form
- Barrier: 5
- Jockey: Brett Prebble
- Trainer: David Hayes
- Owners: Mr P B Devitt, Mr C A Gordon, Mr D J Gordon, Mr R L Gordon
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock from For The Good Times
- Career: 9-1-3-0
- Win: 11.11%
- Place: 44.44%
- Last 6: 255×21
- Prize Money: $507,600
- Track: 2-0-1-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Golden Rose Odds: $5.50
Yes – Fast ‘N’ Rocking Will Beat All 16 Rivals in the Golden Rose 2013 Field
- Has drawn to perfection in barrier five with single-digit barriers producing all but two of the past Golden Rose winners throughout history
- Has a world class hoop in the Singapore-based Brett Prebble aboard, Prebble has won a Golden Slipper at this track and has ridden this horse for their past two runs
- Should have won the Vain Stakes first-up and would be unbeaten this time in if that had happened
- Good win in the McNeil last time out and the shine of that win has gone unnoticed by some with so much talk of the luckless run of the second placegetter
- Beat this weekend’s favourite Prince Harada home last start and can do it again with the right luck
- Good form having won their lead-up as five of the past seven Golden Rose winners have done
- One of the most experienced here with nine previous starts
- Two of those were at elite level too when fifth in both the Golden Slipper (here at Rosehill) and the Champagne Stakes
- Champagne was over the mile so the 1400m on Saturday third-up should be ideal
- Many of their rivals are as yet untested over further than 1200m so that’s a distinct advantage
No – Fast ‘N’ Rocking Won’ Win the 2013 Golden Rose
- Took nine runs for them to win a race, will they be able to go back-to-back?
- Has the second worst Win Rate of the field (11.11%) behind only Cluster who is a maiden
- Place percentage (44.44%) is much better so could be better for a Place bet?
- Last too have been in Melbourne so need to switch back to the reverse way for this
- No horse in history has taken out the McNeil Stakes – Golden Rose double
Think Fast ‘N’ Rocking represents nice value at $5.50 through Ladbrokes.com.au to win the Golden Rose?
Well back them today and if you’re a new sign-up at this premier bookmaker you’ll also be eligible for a bonus welcome bet valued up to $250!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.