Two have done the job for the punters in the past decade, but can the Tony Vasil-trained Prince Harada salute as this Saturday’s 2013 Golden Rose favourite?
The son of Haradasun pays $4.60 in the latest markets to win the $1 million Group 1 Golden Rose Stakes (1400m) at Rosehill Gardens which will be the Caulfield Cup-bound three-year-old’s first elite level test.
They come into the race with just three previous runs under their belt, the last a very unlucky second when severely checked when runner-up to fellow Golden Rose hope Fast ‘N’ Rocking in the Group 3 HDF McNeil Stake (1400m) at Caulfield last month.
Prince Harada certainly has plenty of heart and a big future in front of them, but are they experienced enough to take on 16 class rivals and win this weekend?
#13 Prince Harada – Horse Form
- Barrier: 1
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Tony Vasil
- Owners: Mr J Robinson, Breakthru Technologies Pty Ltd, Mr B J Counihan
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by Haradasun from Potential Princess
- Career: 3-2-1-0
- Win: 66.67%
- Place: 100%
- Last 6: 112
- Prize Money: $85,500
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Golden Rose Odds: $4.60
Why Prince Harada Can Win the 2013 Golden Rose
- While Vasil wasn’t 100 percent thrilled with the inside alley it’s better than gate 17 and it’s also one of the most successful Golden Rose barriers in history having produced three previous winners most recently Duport (2008)
- Inside barrier meanwhile have produced all but two winners
- Were issues with the McNeil ride of their previous jockey Steve Arnold so big race specialist Hugh Bowman jumps on
- Bowman knows how to ride a Golden Rose winner holding the jockey record with three previous winners – In Top Swing (20030, Doonan (20040 and Duport 92008)
- Boasts the second best Win Rate of the field with 66.67% (but keep in mind they’ve had just three starts)
- Perfect 100% Place Rate
Why Prince Harada Won’t be the Golden Rose 2013 Winner
- Is a jockey change the best thing here? Sure Arnold made an error but he did know the horse with Bowman doesn’t
- Are one of the more inexperienced Rose runners this year having had just three previous starts (but did win the first two of those and probably should have one the third too)
- Is yet to race at Rosehill or any Sydney track so need to handle the opposite way of racing
- Haven’t seen the 1400m yet whereas their biggest danger #2 Fast ‘N’ Rocking has experience up to a mile at Group 1 level
- First elite level test
- Favourites have only won two of the past 10 editions
Whether you’re backing or sacking this Saturday’s Golden Rose favourite all the best markets on the classic can be found online at Ladbrokes.com.au.
Don’t have an account open yet with Ladbrokes.com.au? Join this elite betting agency today and get things kicked off with a generous $250 bonus welcome bet on the house!