Chris Waller’s fillies dominate the nominations...
Euroa-based Hall of Fame trainer David Hayes will be out to claim the weekend’s sole Group race when he lines up the punters’ pick Pago Rock in the 2013 Bletchingly Stakes at Melbourne’s Caulfield Racecourseon Saturday.
Set to run as Caulfield Race 6 at 3:12pm (AEST) the $150,000 Group 3 Sportingbet Bletchingly Stakes (1200m) has this year drawn a final field of 11 sprinters, the top fancy of which is Rock Of Gibraltar five-year-old Pago Rock.
Drawn in gate nine with apprentice hoop Chad Schofield in the saddle the gelding pays $3.90 in the latest Bletchingly Stakes odds having won their past two starts.
After a tight effort in a heat of the All Victorian Handicap series at Flemington in June they were last seen carrying 58.5kg to a one length victory in the Listed Sir John Monash Stakes (1100m) at Caulfield on July 13.
They get the same track, jockey and weights (this time under WFA) here but will need to be at their best to make it three on the trot from the wider gate over a little more distance.
It’s a wide open Bletchingly Stakes betting affair for Saturday too with five other hopefuls all under double figures with:
- #3 Second Effort ($5) – Local Mossman six-year-old was a first-up third in the Monash Stakes, set to improve on that with the run under their belt and going up to the 1200m, winner over the distance at Warrnambool before the break and is also a multiple Group winner, sixth in this last year mid-pep but will be fresher this year
- #11 Elite Elle ($6) – Progressive young Shamardal filly caught the eye when second in the Monash Stakes, winner over this track and distance back in May against her own kind, form suggests she’ll be competitive but needs to overcome the far outside barrier
- #2 Launay ($6) – Peter Snowden-trained son of Lonhro has been in top form this prep with three nice black type runs including a win over the 1400m at Flemington, last effort was a close fourth in the Group 3 Victoria Handicap over 1400m at Caulfield in March, will the drop back to 1200m be too sharp? Probably not after the break
- #7 Zamorar ($7.50) – Seymour-based four-year-old out to improve on their disappointing dead last in the Monash Stakes, not sure what went amiss as their first-up second to Pago Rock was a beauty, Group performer all throughout last winter and into the early spring so can bounce back
- #4 Sea Lord ($9) – Street Cry five-year-old three runs in, Group 2 Australia Stakes winner back in January, out to improve on their seventh in the All Victorian Sprint Final when carrying 60kg, come back to 58.5kg under WFA which will suit better
See below for the full Bletchingly Stakes 2013 betting markets, prices courtesy of our preferred online bookie bookmaker.com.au.
Don’t have a bookmaker.com.au account? Head over there now and join the online betting revolution enjoying a $500 bonus welcome bet too if you’re a first time depositing player!
2013 Bletchingly Stakes Odds
Caulfield Race 6 – 3:12pm (AEST) – 27/07/2013
|3||SECOND EFFORT (6)||5.00|
|4||SEA LORD (8)||9.00|
|5||PAGO ROCK (9)||3.90|
|6||MR MAKE BELIEVE (10)||11.00|
|9||ACADEMY JACK (5)||31.00|
|10||CAPTAIN FANCYPANTZ (7)||31.00|
|11||ELITE ELLE (11)||6.00|
*Fixed Win odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.