Guy Walter’s classy mare Streama takes good form to Eagle Farm on Saturday for the Group 1 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara (1400m) but will her form be good enough?
There’s no doubting that she is a genuine Group 1 mare but the winner of more than $1.5 million in prizemoney hasn’t won in six starts this preparation.
On the positive side for connections is that she hasn’t run a bad race in her campaign to date. Included in that was a gutsy third in the Stradbroke Handicap two weeks ago.
So can this dual Group 1 winner add a third top-line title to her resume this weekend? Or will it simply be a case of another good run without making it into the winner’s stall?
#1 Streama – Horse Form
- Barrier: 1
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Guy Walter
- Owners: GR J Coghlan, Mrs PR Coghlan & Ms S Coghlan
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Stratum from Kisma
- Career: 23-7-6-4
- Win: 30%
- Place: 74%
- Last 6: 227343
- Prize Money: $1,577,750
- Track: 1-0-0-1
- Distance: 5-3-1-1
- Current 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara Odds: $4.20
Why Streama Can Win the 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara
- Really good lead-up form, has placed four times from six starts this campaign
- Drop backs to mares’ grade after a strong third in the Stradbroke
- At her best distance, has won three times and never missed a place over 1400m
- Is a dual Group 1 winner
- Regular rider Hugh Bowman returns
- Drawn in barrier one – the rail has been a good spot at Eagle Farm this winter
Why Streama Can’t Win the 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara
- Stradbroke was the main target – slight afterthought…Guy Walter wasn’t always going to run her here
- Has been performing well without winning
- Is the seventh run of a long campaign that began in February
Think Streama can salute in the Tiara? Fancy another runner? No matter you who like, ensure you are getting fantastic odds on all the exciting action by betting at bookmaker.com.au!
The Australian-owned bookie is the best place to back a winter winner and are currently rewarding new customers with a massive $500 bonus bet offer!