Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
There would be few racing pundits that would argue that three-year-old filly Peron is not a Group 1 horse in the making and she will get a chance to prove herself early in her career in the 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara (1400m) at Eagle Farm on Saturday.
The lightly-raced speedster has created plenty of hype in Queensland this winter, displaying a scintillating turn of foot to score victory three times from three starts against the older horses.
There was a minor scare for trainer John Thompson when it looked as if she may not make the field but enough horses dropped away from the initial nominations to present the daughter of Husson with her Group 1 debut.
Thompson won this race last year with Pear Tart and he has described Peron as a far more talented racehorse.
So will this classy filly continue her rise through the grades and again beat the older horses? Or will a tricky barrier 13 position and the step up to Group 1 level prove too much too soon?
#16 Peron – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 13
- Jockey: Michael Cahill
- Trainer: Guy Walter
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Husson from Faster Pussycat
- Career: 7-6-0-1
- Win: 86%
- Place: 100%
- Last 6: 13×111
- Prize Money: $158,550
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara Odds: bookmaker.com.au
Why Peron Can Win the 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara
- Outstanding form this campaign, is three from three
- Big winner by two lengths in the Gai Waterhouse Classic last weekend
- Knows how to win, six from seven this prep
- Three-year-old fillies have won the last three editions of this race
- This race has been the goal all campaign
- Won her only try at the distance
Why Peron Can’t Win the 2013 Tattersall’s Tiara
- Big rise in grade here, is she up to Group 1 level just yet?
- Backing up just seven days after winning at Ipswich
- Barrier 13 – tricky task for jockey Michael Cahill
If you think Peron can do the business, she is at great odds at Races.com.au preferred bookie, bookmaker.com.au, who are currently offering a massive $500 bonus bet to new customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.