Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The Tattersall’s Tiara 2013 headlines a bumper race card at Eagle Farm in Brisbane this Saturday for the final major meeting of the current racing season, and to help with your bets below is our insider form guide analysis and betting guide on the fillies and mares classic.
Running as Eagle Farm Race 7 at 3:40pm (AEST) the $500,000 Group 1 Sky Racing Tattersall’s Tiara (1400m) features a top line-up of stakes performers, five of which are under double figure odds in the latest bookmaker.com.au markets.
Heading the current Tattersall’s Tiara odds at an opening quote of $4.20 is the rails-drawn Streama who, having run a brave third in the Group 1 Stradbroke Handicap (1400m) last start, will shoot for a third Group 1 win.
She is followed closely at $4.80 by the Chris Waller-trained Red Tracer looking to break her Group 1 maiden status after some devastatingly close calls during the winter, her recent form very good after winning the Dane Ripper on Stradbroke Day.
The other top fancies in the Tattersall’s Tiara betting markets are then Gai Waterhouse Classic winning filly from last weekend Peron ($8) with an awkward gate 13 draw to overcome, Streama’s stablemate Skyerush ($9) last seen winning the Group 2 Emancipation Stakes in Sydney for the second year in a row and the John O’Shea-trained Steps In Time ($9).
But are these single figure chances really the ones to back in your Tattersall’s Tiara exotics this weekend?
Or is there value to be had in the last Group 1 race of the season from a longer priced hopeful with the right form line for an upset?
To save you time scrolling through the entire field we’ve done the hard work for you and have compiled the below must know Tattersall’s Tiara form guide facts and historical betting stats to you have you cleaning out the bookies!
2013 Tattersall’s Tiara Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Tattersall’s Tiara winner was the John Thompson-trained Pear Tart who came off three straight wins including one over the boys in the Group 2 Queensland Guineas (1400m), jumped from barrier 14 (of 18) and was ridden by Jeff Lloyd
- On Saturday Thompson will vie for back-to-back victories saddling up another progressive three-year-old in #16 Peron ($8)
- Like her former stablemate #16 Peron also comes into the Tatt’s Tiara on the back of three consecutive victories most recently winning the Gai Waterhouse Classic at Ipswich last Saturday
- Along with Peron the other three-year-olds in the mix this year are #14 Diamond Earth ($67) and #15 Doubtfilly ($31)
- #15 Doubtfilly has also drawn wide with last year’s winning barrier (14)
- There are also three other last start winners in the mix this year with #3 Red Tracer (Group 2 Dane Ripper Stakes, 1400m, Eagle Farm, 08/06/2013), #4 Skyerush (Group 2 Emancipation Stakes, 1600m, Randwick, 27/04/2013) and #8 She’s Clean (Listed June Stakes, 1200m, Randwick, 08/06/2013)
- Four of the last seven Tattersall’s Tiara winners came via the Stradbroke Handicap adding to the form on the favourite #1 Streama (3rd)
- Other Tatt’s hopes to have run in the Stradbroke are #2 Yosei (8th) and #5 Spirit Song (9th)
- The most successful Tattersall’s Tiara barrier in history is gate seven which has produced three winners since 1983 with #12 Risk Aversion ($11) looking to become the fourth on the weekend
- No horse has won from further out than 14 with #3 Red Tracer (16) and #10 Arctic Flight (15) out to break that hoodoo this year
- #16 Peron easily boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 85.71% followed by #8 She’s Clean (50%), #6 Steps In Time (42.11%) and #3 Red Tracer (39.29%)
- The best Place Rate also belongs to #16 Peron (100%) who is yet to finish out of the money followed by #8 She’s Clean (81.25%), #3 Red Tracer (78.57%) and #1 Streama (73.91%)
- Horses with previous winning form at the Eagle Farm track are #12 Risk Aversion (9-3-0-2), #3 Red Tracer (3-2-0-0), #15 Doubtfilly (4-2-0-0), #8 Whateverwhenever (8-1-1-2), #2 Yosei (3-1-0-0), #6 Steps In Time (3-1-0-0) and #9 Skating On Ice (12-2-3-0)
- Over the distance those with the best form are #6 Steps In Time (9-4-0-1), #1 Streama (5-3-1-1), #3 Red Tracer (6-3-1-1), #2 Yosei (9-2-0-1), #5 Spirit Song (6-2-0-0), #8 She’s Clean (3-1-0-1) and #16 Peron (1-1-0-0)
- There are then three previous winners over the Track & Distance with #2 Yosei (3-1-0-0) who won the 2011 Tattersall’s Tiara, #3 Red Tracer (3-2-0-0) and #6 Steps In Time (3-1-0-0)
- Favourites don’t have a great recent record in the race with just two saluting in the past 10 years with #1 Streama out to become the next
- There’s also the fact a further six of the past 10 favourites failed to run a place
Our insider Tattersall’s Tiara tips are due to be published shortly so stay tuned.
Already have your selections picked out and want to lock them in at the guaranteed best prices in the country?
Visit bookmaker.com.au today to get in on the action enjoying a bonus welcome bet valued up to $500 if you are also new to sign-up, deposit and quote the exclusive code word BONUSBET!
2013 Tattersall’s Tiara Field & Form Guide
Eagle Farm Race 7 – 3:40pm (AEST) – 22/06/2013
|1.||STREAMA||G H Walter||Hugh Bowman||1||57||4yoM||14||$68,598||23: 7 6 4||30.43%||73.91%||227343|
|2.||YOSEI||S J Webb||Michelle Payne||5||57||5yoM||14||$35,308||36: 4 1 4||11.11%||25.00%||0x3098|
|3.||RED TRACER||C J Waller||Nash Rawiller||16||57||5yoM||14||$46,565||28: 11 6 5||39.29%||78.57%||212201|
|4.||SKYERUSH||G H Walter||Blake Shinn||12||57||7yoM||56||$21,518||44: 11 9 10||25.00%||68.18%||2×1011|
|5.||SPIRIT SONG||K C Wood||Brad Rawiller||2||57||5yoM||14||$22,894||31: 8 8 2||25.81%||58.06%||621809|
|6.||STEPS IN TIME||J A O’shea||Larry Cassidy||10||57||5yoM||14||$33,839||19: 8 1 1||42.11%||52.63%||x11407|
|7.||SHANNARA||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||8||57||6yoM||35||$15,128||28: 4 6 2||14.29%||42.86%||9×6080|
|8.||SHE’S CLEAN||C J Waller||Jason Collett||4||57||4yoM||14||$26,039||16: 8 2 3||50.00%||81.25%||141×11|
|9.||SKATING ON ICE||L D Kelly||Joe Bowditch||6||57||5yoM||7||$10,791||35: 8 6 2||22.86%||45.71%||230012|
|10.||ARCTIC FLIGHT||A J Cummings||Peter Robl||15||57||4yoM||14||$16,631||18: 4 1 2||22.22%||38.89%||x45213|
|11.||WHATEVERWHENEVER||L F Birchley||Glen Colless||3||57||5yoM||7||$8,790||30: 8 4 5||26.67%||56.67%||95×095|
|12.||RISK AVERSION||M J Lakey||Chris Munce||7||57||5yoM||14||$13,438||16: 5 2 2||31.25%||56.25%||762908|
|13.||FLORIA||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||11||57||5yoM||14||$6,491||26: 3 5 3||11.54%||42.31%||60×242|
|14.||DIAMOND EARTH||A J Cummings||Timothy Bell||9||55.5||3yoF||14||$37,955||16: 4 3 0||25.00%||43.75%||402517|
|15.||DOUBTFILLY||S W Kendrick||Ric Mc Mahon||14||55.5||3yoF||7||$37,013||16: 5 1 1||31.25%||43.75%||x48103|
|16.||PERON||John Thompson||Michael Cahill||13||55.5||3yoF||7||$22,650||7: 6 0 1||85.71%||100.00%||113111|
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.