Following an eye catching second in the Queensland Guineas at the start of the month the Gerald Ryan-trained Dances On Stars has opened top fancy in the 2013 Eye Liner Stakes odds to win the Ipswich feature this weekend.
Drawn in the inside alley in the capacity 16-starter field for the $175,000 Listed City Of Ipswich Eye Liner Stakes (1350m), one of three Ipswich Cup Day stakes races, three-year-old Snitzel gelding Dances On Stars has the right form and gate to secure their third win at career start number 16.
The bookies believe so too and have them at the top of their Eye Liner Stakes betting markets at a quote of $3.50.
Due to be ridden by Brenton Avdulla before he starts a suspension, Dances On Stars comes off a brave second to Sizzling in the Group 2 Queensland Guineas (1400m) in Brisbane on June 1.
They get a far better gate this Saturday after jumping form 13 of 16 there, drop back in class and will also relish the 54kg for the Eye Liner having had 57kg on their back in the Guineas.
In a relatively open market five other Eye Liner Stakes hopes are at single figures with:
- #1 Conservatorium ($6) – Adelaide raider balloted out of last weekend’s Stradbroke, looking for consolation prize here and looks set to get it, carries 59kg topweight but has nice draw (4) and excellent lead-up form coming off two very close seconds firstly in the Group 1 The Goodwood at home and then just a short head off Galah in the Group 2 QTC Cup over 1300m at Eagle Farm last start
- #3 Jetset Lad ($7.50) – Mornington galloper has been thereabouts this time in following a lengthy stint in New Zealand, was only one and a half lengths off Tokamak in the Listed Strawberry Road Handicap over the Eagle Farm mile last Saturday and tipped to improve getting back down in distance
- #4 Mahisara ($9) – Chris Munce to ride but has to overcome the extreme outside barrier, More Than Ready stallion was a good second in the Group 3 BRC Sprint (1350m) two back from a wide gate but failed to back up when 12th (of 14) in the QTC Cup, out to improve on that and with the right run can
- #5 Morning Captain ($9) – Danbird four-year-old from the Gold Coast was under a length off the winner when sixth in the QTC Cup, before that was a BRC Sprint fourth – both from wide gates, get barrier 12 (into 10 with emergencies out) here so has work to do again but top three of four is possible
- #6 Gundy Son ($9.50) – Rob Heathcote-trained veteran, rising eight-year-old but still racing as good as ever as evidenced with their second in the Listed Chief De Beers over the 1100m in Brisbane last month, 13th in this race last year but so whether the track suits is up in the air
For punters looking for a bit more value in the Eye Liner this year there are then some genuine horses over $10 in the markets capable of a big run including former Golden Slipper winner Phelan Ready ($16), the Kelso Wood-trained comeback galloper Benny’s Buttons ($17) and early market mover Celtic Dancer ($21).
Below are the latest Eye Liner Stakes 2013 odds, fixed win prices courtesy of bookmaker.com.au who are 100 percent Australian owned, operated and trusted by those in the know!
Haven’t tried bookmaker.com.au yet? Open your account with them today and simply by entering the code BONUSBET your first deposit will be matched dollar for dollar as a bonus bet valued up to a generous $500!
2013 Eye Liner Stakes Odds
Ipswich Race 8 – 3:40pm (AEST) – 15/06/2013
|2||PHELAN READY (13)||16.00|
|3||JETSET LAD (15)||7.50|
|5||MORNING CAPTAIN (12)||9.00|
|6||GUNDY SON (14)||9.50|
|7||STEEL ZIP (16)||51.00|
|8||CELTIC DANCER (9)||21.00|
|9||TOO MANY REDS (2)||41.00|
|10||MEET GEORGE (17)||21.00|
|11||BENNY’S BUTTONS (8)||17.00|
|12||DOUBTFUL JACK (6)||21.00|
|14||NEW DAY RISING (5)||26.00|
|15||DANCES ON STARS (1)||3.50|
|17e||MR ARMSTRONG (19)||34.00|
|19e||EASY RUNNING (3)||34.00|
|20e||TAX EVADER (11)||18.00|
*Fixed Win odds provided by bookmaker.com.au and subject to change