Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Another huge day of Brisbane Winter Carnival action takes place this weekend and one of the card highlights is the Group 2 Eagle Farm Cup (2200m).
The staying test has attracted a field of just six runners but there are some quality horses lining up.
A slight favourite at $2.80 is defending champion Lights Of Heaven, with stablemate Manighar the next best at $2.90.
The only horse close in betting is last-start winner Moriarty ($3.80) who will be out to continue the strong run for Sydney’s leading trainer Chris Waller.
Others lining up to contest the Eagle Farm Cup include Quintessential ($7.50), Voila Ici ($16) and Zabeelionaire ($26).
#5 Lights Of Heaven $2.80
- Defending champion
- Thrives in the Brisbane winter, won this race and Brisbane Cup last year
- Coming off a solid lead-up run fifth in the Doomben Cup
- Handles wet and likely to get a soft track on Saturday
#1 Manighar $2.90
- Class horse, triple Group 1 winner
- Showed glimpses of return to form with Doomben Cup fourth
- Reasonable wet-track form
- Will benefit from first-up run as will jockey Brad Rawiller
#6 Quintessential $7.50
- Loves Queensland, won Oaks here last year
- Coming off a strong win in the Group 3 Chairman’s Handicap at Eagle Farm
- Loves a wet track
- Slight query whether she is up to class of Moody’s big pair
Agree with these selections? Going with some of your own picks? No matter who you like, ensure you are getting great odds on all this weekend’s exciting Brisbane action by visiting bookmaker.com.au!
Right now is the time to join the Australian-owned bookie as they are rewarding new customers with a $500 bonus bet offer! Simply join quoting the code BONUSBET to get involved!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.