Leading Victorian trainer Peter Moody always has a strong presence at the Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival and this weekend he will saddle up two runners in the 2013 Doomben Cup.
Moody has favourite Lights Of Heaven and classy import Manighar returning to the $500,000 race after finishing second and third respectively last year.
The pair take vastly different paths and form into the race, with Lights Of Heaven in sensational form and Manighar needing to improve.
Lights Of Heaven is equal favourite with Foreteller at $3.20 in the bookmaker.com.au Doomben Cup market while Manighar is a $12 chance.
The final Doomben Cup field won’t be known until Wednesday but Moody has already confirmed the pair will be there.
So just how do the Moody pair stack up? Keep reading for the Races.com.au rundown of the Group 1 winners.
Lights Of Heaven $3.50
- Five-year-old mare in strong form, won last two including Group 2 Hollindale Stakes
- Winter specialist. Second in this race last year which preceded Eagle Farm and Brisbane Cup wins.
- Caulfield Cup third placegetter
- Deserving favourite
- Strong staying daughter of Zabeel
- Puts herself into the race and doesn’t rely on luck
- Won a Group 1 as a three-year-old
- Seven-year-old import
- Triple Group 1 winner and more than $3.03 million in prizemoney
- Hasn’t won since April last year
- Hasn’t placed in four starts this time in
- Was third in Doomben Cup last year
- Moody is tipping improvement and showed some promise two starts back with George Ryder Stakes fourth
Whether you fancy one of the Moody-trained runners or another Doomben Cup hope, you can get great odds in the early market at bookmaker.com.au.
At the Australian-owned bookie you can give your winter betting a huge boost by joining quoting the code BONUSBET to take advantage of their massive $500 bonus bet offer!