Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
There’s been plenty of hype about the Group 1 2013 BTC Cup (1200m) which stands as the highlight event on the opening day of the Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival at Eagle Farm on Saturday.
And rightfully so.
The race contains up a mouth-watering clash between genuine speedsters Buffering and Rain Affair who also have to hold off defending champion Sea Siren.
Understandably, the big three dominate the betting market but there are some exciting youngsters that will be out to knock off their bigger-name counterparts.
Queensland’s Better Than Ready and Sydney colt Your Song represent two serious winning chances should any of the big guns fail.
But just who are these three-year-old emerging gallopers? Keep reading for the Races.com.au rundown on some key knock-out chances in the BTC Cup.
#7 Better Than Ready $6.50
- Really exciting Queensland colt from the stable of Kelly Schweida
- Has won six of 10
- Was fifth in the Newmarket on Group 1 debut in March
- Last-start 1 1/2 length winner in the Mick Dittman Plate
- Three-time winner from four starts at Eagle Farm
- Get-back run-on type horse who should be suited both with the speed up front and big Eagle Farm straight
- Main aim is Stradbroke Handicap
#8 Your Song $10
- Bit of buzz about this Fastnet Rock colt from Sydney
- Trained by Anthony Cummings, was last seen on raceday in October
- Blew many away with a huge trial performance earlier this month
- Has won two of six starts and secured three minor placings
- Likely to be aimed at the Stradbroke
It doesn’t matter who you like in the BTC Cup on Saturday, fantastic odds will be found at bookmaker.com.au!
At the Races.com.au preferred bookie depositing and betting is a dream on their mobile site and easy-to-use website. Right now is the time join as they are currently offering a huge $500 bonus bet offer for new customers!
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.