A bumper program at Eagle Farm on Saturday and one of the most exciting races on the card is the Group 3 2013 Rough Habit Plate (2100m) which is a key Queensland Derby lead-up.
Topping the market is classy Kiwi Survived ($2.70) who is followed closely in betting by Murray Baker’s Frank Packer Plate winner Usainity ($3.70).
Only two other runners fall under double figures, with Frank Packer Plate runner-up Honorius at $6 and Craig Ritchie’s last-start Kembla winner Tonopah a $9 chance.
The market is dominated by New Zealand and interstate raiders and the next two in betting are Sydney pair Hawkspur ($11) and Lucky Lucky Lucky ($11).
Can’t quite decide who to back in this three-year-old staying test? Then keep reading as the Races.com.au form analysts have been hard at work studying the form and replays to bring to you our very best 2013 Rough Habit Plate tips.
#3 Usainity $3.70
- From the stable of top Kiwi trainer Murray Baker
- Was second to Survived in the Manawatu Classic but unlike Survived is already proven in Australia and the right-handed direction
- Won the Frank Packer Plate last start
- Has won four of seven, knows how to get the job done
- Has won over the distance
#7 Survived $2.60
- Despite it being his Australian debut we just can’t leave him out
- Beat Usainity two starts back by a length
- Is chasing a fifth consecutive win and is coming off a 4 1/2 length Hawke’s Bay Cup victory over 2200m
#9 Lucky Lucky Lucky $11
- Think this horse is on the right track towards the Derby
- Resumed with a strong second in the Group 3 Gunsynd Classic (1600m) and was running home strongly
- Should improve as he steps up in distance
- Won over the trip in January
Whether you agree with our tips or not, ensure you are getting great Rough Habit Plate odds by visiting bookmaker.com.au!
Betting and depositing is easy with both their website and mobile site and they also have a huge winter special of a $500 bonus bet for new customers!