Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
There’s plenty on the line in the Group 3 2013 Chairman’s Handicap (2100m) on Saturday which forms part of an action-packed Eagle Farm program.
Apart from the $115,000 in prizemoney up for grabs, all these horses get their chance to press claims for bigger things to come at the 2013 Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival.
It contains a full field and is an open betting race, with the current favourite 2012 Queensland Oaks winnter Quintessential ($3.80).
Market mover and occupying the second line of betting is local hope Margins ($4.60) while Tony McEvoy’s import Sysmo is the next best at $6.
Other prominent Chairman’s Handicap betting chances include Carrick ($9), Poste Restante ($10) and Dolly Dolly ($12).
It’s not the easiest race to work out so if your are struggling to come up with your selections keep reading for the tips and analysis from the Races.com.au experts.
#8 Margins $4.60
- Progressive Queensland stayer
- Has won two of his last three including his last start by two lengths at the distance
- Was storming home suggesting there is improvement to come
- Was a Group 3 runner-up to Brambles on this day last year
- Will appreciate the big Eagle Farm straight to run home
#7 Topping $13
- Beat Margins when second in Members’ Handicap last start
- Beaten a long neck by Transporter who has since run third in G2 Hollindale Stakes to Lights Of Heaven
- Likely to improve with more distance but big jump from 1600m to 2100m slight query?
#2 Shenzhou Steeds $19
- Needs to bounce back from a last-start failure in Sydney but thrived in Queensland last year
- Won the Ipswich Cup over a similar distance against similar competition before winning Sunshine Coast Cup
- Was sound in a barrier trial leading in, suggesting he is back on track
- Distance and plum barrier five position suit
Agree with our selections? Got something of your own in mind? Whoever you like, great odds can be found on all the top winter action at Races.com.au preferred bookie – bookmaker.com.au.
Right now is the time to join the Australian-owned bookie as they are currently offering a massive $500 bonus bet offer to new customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.