Queensland’s number one horse Buffering is a short-priced favourite for Saturday’s $400,000 2013 BTC Cup (1200m) which is set to ensure the 2013 Brisbane Winter Racing Carnival kicks off with a bang this weekend.
The five-year-old has earned his favouritism with form and history but he has a worrying statistic hanging over his head.
From seven starts at Group 1 level the son of Mossman is still yet to breakthrough.
While trainer Robert Heathcote is not talking to media after receiving a $500 fine for comments he made in an online blog, jockey Damian Browne is happy to talk up the favourite.
“We all know that Buffering is capable of winning a Group 1 race. It is just a matter of getting the monkey off his back,” Browne told News Limited.
“He probably feels better than he has ever felt.”
So will Buffering finally break his Group 1 duck? Or will it be yet another Group 1 placing for the star speedster?
Keep reading for the stats that matter and the pros and cons about Buffering’s chances in this weekend’s exciting sprint.
#1 Buffering – Horse Facts
- Trainer: Robert Heathcote
- Jockey: Damian Browne
- Barrier: 7
- Owner: Mrs V Heathcote, S Krslovic, C Moore, R Ciobo, S Chipperfield, C Lord, Crafty Racing Synd, Aspariamo Racing Synd & B Harry
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Mossman out of Action Annie
- Career: 31-12-7-4
- Prize Money: $2,244,900
- Distance: 20-7-5-3
- Track: 7-4-1-0
- Last 6: 1168s1
- Current BTC Cup Odds: $2.50
Why Buffering Can Win the 2013 BTC Cup
- Proven weight-for-age performer, with an outstanding record
- Seven-time Group 1 placegetter including form around Black Caviar
- Big lead-up win in the Victory Stakes
- Racing at his most ideal distance
- Racing at his home track
- This race has been the primary goal
Why Buffering Can’t Win the 2013 BTC Cup
- Yet to break through in the top grade, Group 1 bridesmaid forever?
- Drawn in barrier seven, outside top rivals Rain Affair and Sea Siren
Think Buffering can win the BTC Cup? Fancy another hope? No matter who you like, ensure you are getting great odds by betting Races.com.au preferred bookie, bookmaker.com.au, home of the $500 bonus bet offer!