Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Sea Siren is the defending champion and one of only two Group 1 winners in the 2013 BTC Cup (1200m) field at Eagle Farm on Saturday.
The four-year-old has three Group 1s to her name, that is three more than both Buffering and Rain Affair.
But in the lead-up to Saturday’s $400,000 sprint, the media hype is all about the big two front-runners.
Could Sea Siren be the forgotten horse?
He trainer thinks so, suggesting she was never aiming to be peaking for the autumn races she failed to score a place in.
“She’s been working well and she’s been set for the Brisbane winter as opposed to having her ready early this preparation,” John O’Shea told News Limited.
So can Sea Siren bounce back from her poor early results and claim back-to-back BTC Cups? Or will she find it too tough in a hot race with some genuine speedsters?
All the facts about this classy mare can be found below as well as the pros and cons about her BTC Cup chances.
#10 Sea Siren – Horse Facts
- Trainer: John O’Shea
- Jockey: Jim Cassidy
- Barrier: 3
- Owner: K Biggs Enterprises P/L Synd (MGR: K BIGGS), Horseshoe Investments P/L Synd (MGR: R RUSSELL), P Waller, J Monterrubio & Ms C Biggs
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: mare
- Breeding: by Fastnet Rock out of Express A Smile
- Career: 13-16-2-1
- Prize Money: $1,551,830
- Distance: 9-5-1-1
- Track: 1-0-0-0
- Last 6: 129s85
- Current BTC Cup Odds: $5
Why Sea Siren Can Win The 2013 BTC Cup
- Triple Group 1 winner
- Won this race last year
- Drawn well in barrier 3
- Five of nine wins at the distance
- Has been targeted at the race
Why Sea Siren Can’t Win The 2013 BTC Cup
- In poor form, an eighth and fifth in two starts this campaign
- Has struggled since a trip to Hong Kong in December where she was a well-beaten ninth
- Has the overseas trip ruined her?
- Doesn’t have the weight advantage she had in these races as a three-year-old
Think Sea Siren can upset the favourite? Like something else? It doesn’t matter who you are backing, great odds on all the winter carnival action this weekend can be found at bookmaker.com.au!
Give your winter betting a huge boost by joining today quoting the code BONUSBET to take advantage of their $500 bonus bet offer which can be split up to four ways!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.