Another Australian Start for All Too Hard?

Superstar colt All Too Hard’s Australian racing career may not be done just yet.

All Too Hard may race again in Australia. Photo: Steve Hart.

Co-trainer Wayne Hawkes revealed on TVN today the three-year-old will need to trial or race again before the Queen Anne Stakes at Royal Ascot next month and flagged the 2013 Scone Guineas and the 2013 Doomben Cup on May 18 as possibilities.

That would give the half-brother to Black Caviar a further month before the Group 1 Queen Anne (2000m) which takes place on the opening day of the Royal Ascot carnival on June 18.

But despite previous speculation that All Too Hard would definitely head to the UK, connections are yet to make a decision.

The only near certainty is that the triple Group 1 winner will not race on into the spring.

“Everyone wants him to stay in work but the reality is that they make more money in the breeding barn,” Hawkes told TVN.

“Redoute’s Choice was making $1 million a day, he was serving three mares a day at $330,000 a pop. I know he’s a top end sire but to earn $10 million in prizemoney you need to win five Cox Plates.”

All Too Hard was one of 40 horses nominated on Wednesday for the Doomben Cup (2000m) which is Queensland’s only Group 1 staying race.

If the three-year-old were to head to the Brisbane feature he would start a short-priced favourite.

“This horse won the All Aged Stakes last week off a nine week break. He can do whatever we want him to do,” Hawkes said.

“We threw in a nomination for the Doomben Cup and I know the administrators were getting all excited about him running there but all plans are up in the air at the moment.”

All Too Hard has raced 12 times for seven wins and collected more than $2.28 million in prizemoney.

Make the most of all the nation’s top racing action this winter by betting at bookmaker.com.au. The Races.com.au preferred bookie is fully Australian owned and operated and currently has a huge $500 bonus bet available for new customers!