All Too Hard Royal Ascot Decision By End of Week

A decision on whether Australia’s number one colt All Too Hard heads to Royal Ascot will be made by the end of the week.

A decision on All Too Hard's immediate future will be known by the end of the week. Photo: Steve Hart.

The three-year-old has been nominated for the Group 1 2013 Queen Anne Stakes (2000m) and the Group 1 2013 Diamond Jubilee Stakes (1200m) in June but is yet to be confirmed for the journey.

Trainer John Hawkes said the three-year-old has come through Saturday’s outstanding All Aged win well but there were still some things to be sorted before Royal Ascot could be given the go ahead.

“We’ve just got to sort it out. We have to decide as we have to put things in place,” Hawkes said.

All Too Hard’s older sister Black Caviar tasted success on the world stage at Royal Ascot last year, winning the Diamond Jubilee Stakes in thrilling fashion.

All Too Hard has won seven from 12 starts for $2.2 million in prizemoney and has been in sensational form this year.

The glamour colt is unbeaten from three starts in 2013, taking out the CF Orr Stakes, the Futurity Stakes and the All Aged Stakes.

He is tipped as Black Caviar’s biggest rival for Australian horse of the year honours.

Team Hawkes are likely to lose All Too Hard to retirement in the near future where he will join stayer Niwot.

Niwot was retired after running ninth in Saturday’s Sydney Cup, the race he won in 2012.

The tough stayer could be joined in retirement shortly be fellow Hawkes-trained stayer Maluckyday who was seventh in the Sydney Cup.

Hawkes will discuss his future with owner Nick Moratis as to whether he would race on but admitted he will never return to the heights that saw him place in the 2010 Melbourne Cup.

“Unfortunately, he’ll never get back to where he was. He could have been a superstar, he never reached his potential,” Hawkes said.

Want to make the most of your racing betting? Then visit, home of huge racing odds and the $500 bonus bet for new customers!