Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Two of Australia’s fastest horses are set for a showdown in Saturday week’s Group 1 2013 BTC Cup (1200m) when the Brisbane Winter Carnival kicks off at Eagle Farm.
Queensland’s reigning horse of the year Buffering opened his winter campaign with a thumping win in Saturday’s Victory Stakes but he is likely to face stiff competition from Sydney raider Rain Affair.
Rain Affair signalled his class when finishing second to All Too Hard in the All Aged Stakes (1400m) and heads north to chase Group 1 glory.
Despite their quality, neither Buffering nor Rain Affair are yet to crack it at Group 1 level.
Most pundits predict one of these horses will break their top-level drought in the BTC Cup and we are here to give you a rundown on the pair of star sprinters.
- Queensland’s number one horse
- Electric gatespeed and leads or races right up on the speed
- 12 wins and 11 minor placings from 31 starts, $2.1 million in prizemoney
- Five Group 2 victories
- Seven-time Group 1 placegetter
- Seven-time winner over 1200m
- Last seen winning Group 2 Victory Stakes by 3 1/2 lengths
- Racing at his home track of Eagle Farm
- Third behind Black Caviar and Hay List in 2011 BTC Cup, missed last year with injury
- Bold front-runner who flies out of the gates
- 11 wins and four minor placings from 20 starts, $1.16 million in prizemoney
- Three-time Group 2 winner
- Three-time Group 1 runner-up
- Will be fourth-up in the BTC Cup
- Last seen running a strong second behind All Too Hard in the All Aged Stakes
- Three-time winner over 1200m
When the time arrives to bet on the BTC Cup, it doesn’t matter who you are backing, great odds will be found at bookmaker.com.au!
Home of the $500 bonus bet, bookmaker.com.au has a wide range of betting options and is fully Australian-owned and operated!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.