The much-anticipated return of superstar colt All Too Hard will be made this Saturday in the Group 1 2013 All Aged Stakes (1400m) at Randwick.
A minor illness has kept the three-year-old out since February when he won consecutive Group 1 races in the CF Orr Stakes and Futurity Stakes in Melbourne.
All Too Hard won a trial last Friday in preparation for the tough clash with the likes of glamour mare More Joyous and TJ Smith runner-up Epaulette.
Despite the lay-off and tough competition, trainer John Hawkes remains confident the half-brother to Black Caviar can pick up where he left off.
“The trial brought him on a bit more. He hasn’t run for a while, he’s had a little bit of a breather in between, so he’s fit for Saturday,” Hawkes said.
There’s no denying his quality but there are still some doubts over his ability to perform in Sydney. So, will All Too Hard further confirm his star quality this weekend? Or will it simply be too tough a task outside his favoured conditions in Melbourne? Keep reading for a rundown of the key stats as well as the pros and cons about his chances.
#7 All Too Hard – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 7
- Jockey: Dwayne Dunn
- Trainer: John, Michael and Wayne Hawkes
- Owners: Vinery Stud Synd (Mgr: P Orton), Kia-Ora Stud Synd (Mgr: A Krishnan), Echo Beach B’Stock Syn (Mgr: A Green), Stratheden Stud Synd (Mgr: C Marheine).
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by Casino Price out of Helsinge
- Career: 11-6-2-1
- Win: 55%
- Win and Place: 82%
- Last 6: 541211
- Prize Money: $2.043 million
- Track: 2-0-1-0
- Distance: 4-3-1-0
- Current 2013 All Aged Stakes Odds: $2.90
Why All Too Hard Can Win the 2013 All Aged Stakes
- Class galloper – Triple Group 1 winner, Cox Plate runner-up
- Is two from two this year, both at weight-for-age against the older horses at Group 1 level
- Plenty of pace on up front from Rain Affair which suits
- Is three from four at the distance
- Has regular jockey Dwayne Dunn aboard who knows the horse well
Why All Too Hard Can’t Win the 2013 All Aged Stakes
- Returning from a minor hiccup for first race since February, fitness query?
- Is one from five in the Sydney direction
- Yet to win at Randwick
Think All Too Hard can prove the doubters wrong and win a Sydney Group 1? Fancy More Joyous? Epaulette? One of the roughies? Whoever you like, great odds will be found at bookmaker.com.au!
The Races.com.au bookie is fully Australian owned and is currently offering a huge $500 bonus bet to new customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET!