Darley-owned colt Epaulette got his autumn off to a flyer when second in the TJ Smith and with no Black Caviar he gets a chance to go one better in the Group 1 2013 All Aged Stakes (1400m) at Randwick on Saturday.
The three-year-old is a consistent performer and has proven himself in the top grade.
It’s not simply a “turn up and win” scenario as the son of Commands will have to defeat an all-star pair in All Too Hard and More Joyous.
But jockey Kerrin McEvoy isn’t conceding defeat and expects his mount to stand up on Saturday.
“Obviously you’ve got to have confidence he will run well given his last run,” McEvoy said.
So will Epaulette upset the big two? Or will they be too strong for their lower profile rival? Keep reading for stats that matter as well as the pros and cons about Epaulette’s All Aged Stakes chances.
- Barrier: 6
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Peter Snowden
- Owners: Sheikh Mohammed
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by Commands out of Accessories
- Career: 9-4-2-2
- Win: 44%
- Win and Place: 88%
- Last 6: 031132
- Prize Money: $1.27 million
- Track: 1-0-1-0
- Distance: 2-2-0-0
- Current 2013 All Aged Stakes Odds: $4.60
Why Epaulette Can Win the 2013 All Aged Stakes
- Was outstanding first-up when second to Black Caviar in the TJ Smith
- Should improve from the first-up run
- Unbeaten at the distance, including in a Group 1 Golden Rose
- Has one start at the track for a runner-up finish
- Will benefit from strong pace up front
Why Epaulette Can’t Win the 2013 All Aged Stakes
- Takes on two horses who are far more proven in the top grade
- Yet to beat the older horses
- Was beaten 2 1/2 lengths by All Too Hard in last year’s Caulfield Guineas
No matter who you fancy in the All Aged Stakes or any other race this weekend, bookmaker.com.au is the place to back a winner!
At the Australian-owned bookie you can take advantage of a huge $500 bonus bet offer simply by quoting the code BONUSBET when signing up today!