Glamour mare More Joyous will get the chance to bounce back from a last-start fifth this weekend when she starts as favourite in the Group 1 2013 All Aged Stakes (1400m) at Randwick.
The multiple Group 1 winner received no luck in running in her Queen Of The Turf Stakes and the bookies are taking no chances there will be a repeat performance.
Gai Waterhouse’s number one mare is a $2.50 chance at bookmaker.com.au to return to the winner’s circle at her home track.
So will the favouritism be justified? Or will the experienced star be shown up by the young colts? Learn all you need to know about More Joyous and her All Aged Stakes chances in the following rundown from the Races.com.au experts.
#6 More Joyous – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 1
- Jockey: Nash Rawiller
- Trainer: Gai Waterhouse
- Owners: Straberry Hills Stud (MGR: JD Singleton)
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by More Than Ready out of Sunday Joy
- Career: 32-21-1-2
- Win: 66%
- Win and Place: 75%
- Last 6: 114025
- Prize Money: $4.57 million
- Track: 7-6-0-0
- Distance: 5-5-0-0
- Current 2013 All Aged Stakes Odds: $2.50
Why More Joyous Can Win the 2013 All Aged Stakes
- Champion mare – Eight Group 1s included in record of 21 wins from 32. Prizemoney in excess of $4.5 million.
- Has won six of seven at the track
- Has won five from five at the distance – knows the track back to front
- Trained by top Sydney trainer Gai Waterhouse
Why More Joyous Can’t Win the 2013 All Aged Stakes
- Coming off a fifth-place finish, although was unlucky when trapped behind runners
- Outstanding record but hasn’t in last four starts
- Hasn’t won at Group 1 level in 12 months
Whether you fancy More Joyous or another runner, you can be sure to find great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au!
There has never been a better time to sign up to the Australian-owned bookie as they are currently offering a massive bookmaker.com.au to new customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET!