Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
Experienced Victorian trainer David Hayes will head to Morphetville on Saturday with a two-pronged attack in the Group 1 2013 Australasian Oaks (2000m).
Also known as the 2013 Schweppes Oaks, Hayes has accepted with two strong chances, last-start winner Global Balance and Alzora who has two black-type wins to her name.
Global Balance is the form runner but has drawn a tricky barrier 16 position while Hayes has urged punters to forget Alzora’s last-place effort on a slow track in the Vinery Stud Stakes.
“Just forget Alzora went around in Sydney, she didn’t handle the wet track,” Hayes told News Limited.
“Global Balance is drawn awkwardly but has good Morphettville form and I don’t think there will be a lot between them on Saturday.”
As is often the case in Oaks’ races, there can be a number of runners who are yet to be well known by punters. To help you with your Australasian Oaks analysis we have summarised the two chances from the Hayes’ stable.
#1 Global Balance
- In sensational form and chases a third straight win here
- Won Tasmanian Oaks in February before resuming with Group 3 Schweppervescence Stakes win on April 13
- Three wins from six career starts
- Has won on good and dead tracks, yet to be tested on worse than dead 4
- All victories have come in the 1800m-2100m range
- Drawn poorly in barrier 16
- Coming off a last-place finish at Group 1 level where she struggled in slow conditions
- Has won two of 14 starts
- Both of her victories have been at stakes level, with the Group 3 Vanity her best win
- Has won over the Oaks distance of 2000m
Markets will open shortly on all the best Saturday racing and bookmaker.com.au will have great value odds.
Fully Australian owned and operated, bookmaker.com.au have a huge range of betting options as well as a massive $500 bonus bet for new customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET.
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.