Many consider Pierro a good thing in the 2013 Doncaster Mile but he’ll still have to overcome some classy horses including Chris Waller-trained gelding Shoot Out.
Shoot Out, runner-up in last year’s race, has a hefty topweight of 58kg to carry but he’s proven time and time again he is a top-line galloper.
The weight is a 1.5kg rise from what he carried last year when gallantly trailing home More Joyous in the prestigious $2 million race.
He has strong lead-up form and a trip to Hong Kong beckons, so can this gutsy gelding go one better this year? Or will the weight be too much against the strong competition? Below is all you need to know about Shoot Out and his chances in this weekend’s Doncaster!
#1 Shoot Out
- Barrier: 10
- Weight: 58kg
- Jockey: Hugh Bowman
- Trainer: Chris Waller
- Owners: GL Huddy and Mrs LF Huddy
- Age: 6YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by High Chaparral out of Pentamerous
- Career: 34-10-5-6
- Win: 29%
- Win and Place: 62%
- Last 6: 217513
- Prize Money: $3,218,950
- Track: 8-4-1-0
- Distance: 8-4-1-1
- Current 2013 Australian Derby odds: $15
Why Shoot Out Can Win the 2013 Doncaster Mile
- Experienced five-time Group 1 winner
- Was second in the race last year
- Good lead-up form, won Chipping Norton and finished third in the George Ryder
- Four-time Randwick winner
- Four-time winner at the distance
- Proven performer in big fields
Why Shoot Out Can’t Win the 2013 Doncaster Mile
- Big weight, 58kg
- Beaten by Pierro at his last start
Want to make the most of your Doncaster betting? Then visit bookmaker.com.au who are fully Australian owned and currently have an awesome 2013 $500 bonus bet offer for new customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET!