Already proven against her own sex and age group, can Norzita take the next step this Saturday in the Group 1 2013 Doncaster Mile (1600m) at Randwick?
There’s no denying the Bart Cummings-trained galloper has ability but can she defeat the older horses?
Norzita is the only filly in the race and is joined by colts Pierro and Sacred Falls in a trio of three-year-olds.
So can she continue her strong run of form in better company? Or has the step up come too soon for this daughter of Thorn Park?
Make a more informed decision after reading the following summary which includes all the key facts as well as the pros and cons about her chances in the time-honoured mile.
- Barrier: 17
- Weight: 53kg
- Jockey: Craig Williams
- Trainer: Bart Cummings
- Owners: Dato Tan Chin Nam & Westcode Pty Ltd Syndicate (MGR: TUNKU AHMAD YAHAYA)
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Thorn Park out of Visique
- Career: 10-4-3-1
- Win: 40%
- Win and Place: 80%
- Last 6: 211231
- Prize Money: $767,600
- Track: 4-1-1-1
- Distance: 2-0-1-0
- Current 2013 Australian Derby odds: $8.50
Why Norzita Can Win the 2013 Doncaster Mile
- Great winning strike rate of 40%
- Coming off a a strong last-start win in the Vinery Stud Stakes
- Carries minimum weight of 53kg
- Has top rider Craig Williams aboard
- Trained by the legendary Bart Cummings
- Has won at the track and distance
Why Norzita Can’t Win the 2013 Doncaster Mile
- Drawn poorly in barrier 17
- Step up from beating three-year-old fillies to taking on older horses and males
- Was beaten by two other Doncaster starters two starts back in Coolmore Classic
Think Norzita can upset Pierro? Think the favourite will be too strong? Another runner? No matter who you are backing in the Doncaster, ensure you are getting great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au this weekend.
There has never been a better time to sign up as the Australian-owned bookie is currently offering a huge $500 bonus bet to new customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET today!