After opening at $14, the punters haven’t missed the in-form Appearance and she is into $9.50 in the market for Saturday’s $2 million 2013 Doncaster Mile (1600m) at Randwick.
The Guy Walter-trained mare brings terrific form into the race, having won the Coolmore Classic and the Queen Of The Turf Stakes at her past two starts.
Jockey Kerrin McEvoy put the Commands mare through her paces on Tuesday, with the piece of work leaving him confident of her chances this weekend.
“It was a nice bit of work, we weren’t out to break any records but I feel if anything she felt sharper this morning than she did leading in to her last run,” McEvoy said.
So does Appearance have what it takes to beat the likes of Pierro? Keep reading for all the key facts and stats as well as the pros and cons about her chances this weekend.
- Barrier: 13
- Weight: 53.5kg
- Jockey: Kerrin McEvoy
- Trainer: Guy Walter
- Owners: Sheikh Mohammed
- Age: 4YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Commands out of Disguise
- Career: 13-6-3-1
- Win: 40%
- Win and Place: 80%
- Last 6: 712411
- Prize Money: $1,112,530
- Track: 2-0-1-1
- Distance: 2-2-0-0
- Current 2013 Australian Derby odds: [blink text=”$9.50″]
Why Appearance Can Win the 2013 Doncaster Mile
- In outstanding form, won last two at Group 1 level
- Proven at the 1600m distance, two-time winner
- Came through Queen Of The Turf Stakes, same as last year’s winner More Joyous
- Well weighted with 53.5kg
- Beat fellow top contender Norzita in the Coolmore Classic
Why Appearance Can’t Win the 2013 Doncaster Mile
- Unproven against the males
- Yet to win at Randwick
- Barrier 13 could be tricky
- Takes a special horse to win three consecutive Group 1s
Think Appearance has what it takes? Fancy another Doncaster runner? Whoever you like, ensure you are getting top odds on the prestigious race by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
There has never been a better time to join as the Races.com.au preferred bookie is currently offering a massive $500 bonus bet offer for new customers.