The Chris Waller trained two year ods The...
There’s short-priced favourites in most of the of the big Derby Day features but those looking for an open betting race should tune into the Group 3 2013 Carbine Club Stakes (1600m) at Randwick on Saturday.
Current favourite is Toydini ($3) who has benefited from a gelding operation and flew home to win the Group 2 Phar Lap Stakes last month.
But there are plenty of gallopers close in betting including Gerald Ryan’s filly Flying Snitzel ($4.80) who is slightly ahead of in-form horses Tatra ($5) and Ninth Legion ($5.50).
Other horses in Carbine Club Stakes contention include Bart Cummins’ gelding Lunar Rise ($9) and the Chris Waller-trained Hawkspur ($15).
Not sure who to back in this open betting race? Don’t worry as the Races.com.au team have been hard at work studying the form to bring you our very best selections.
#1 Tatra $5
- Have been very impressed by this colt this time in
- Has form around It’s A Dundeel, finished third in both Randwick and Rosehill Guineas
- A Group 2 winner last spring in the Sandown Guineas at the distance
- Finished top three in four starts at the distance
- Lack of pace in race more beneficial to his chances than favourite Toydini’s
#5 Flying Snitzel $4.80
- Struggled last start but can bounce back against weaker competition here
- Beat gun filly Norzita to win the Kewney Stakes in March
- Gerald Ryan’s stable is flying
- Drawn well in barrier two with Craig Williams aboard
#2 Toydini $3
- A different horse since a gelding operation, looks relaxed
- Coming off a strong win in the Group 2 Phar Lap Stakes
- Third-up here and fit and ready for the test
Whether you agree with our selections or not, ensure you are getting the best bang for your betting buck by visiting bookmaker.com.au!
There has never been a better time to sign up at the Australian-owned bookie as they are currently offering an awesome autumn special of a $500 bonus bet to new customers!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.