He’s the odds-on pop that shouldn’t get beaten but can It’s A Dundeel live up to the hype in this Saturday’s $1.5 million Group 1 2013 Australian Derby (2400m) at Randwick?
According to the market he is a “good thing.”. The New Zealand colt is a $1.25 favourite at bookmaker.com.au with the next best runner Philippi a long way back at $7.
It’s A Dundeel’s lead-up form has been superb, taking out the first two legs of the 3YO triple crown in the Randwick and Rosehill Guineas.
But will that continue over 2400m? Most think yes but there is a still a slight query over the Murray Baker-trained galloper at 2400m.
So will class prevail or will the distance prove too far? Keep reading for the key It’s A Dundeel stats as well as the pros and cons about his chances in the Derby this weekend.
#1 It’s A Dundeel – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 8
- Jockey: James McDonald
- Trainer: Murray Baker
- Owners: M M Andersen, Mrs J P Andersen, Mr M J Craig, Mrs S S Craig, Mr D C Morison, Ms J E Morison, Mr G P Chaplow, Mrs T P Andersen, Mr M P Brown, Mrs J M Brown, Mr T J Joyce, Mrs J Joyce, Mr A M Muollo, Mrs G Muollo, Mr D Focas, Mrs A F Focas
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Colt
- Breeding: by High Chaparral out of Stareel
- Career: 10-7-1-0
- Win: 70%
- Win and Place: 80%
- Last 6: 127411
- Prize Money: $1,100,905
- Track: 2-2-0-0
- Distance: 0-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Australian Derby odds: $1.25
Why It’s A Dundeel Can Win the 2013 Australian Derby
- Class runner in the field, triple Group 1 winner
- Terrific lead-up form, won both Randwick and Rosehill Guineas convincingly
- Two from two at the track
- Has been aimed at this race all campaign
- Great combination with James McDonald who has ridden him every start
Why It’s A Dundeel Can’t Win the 2013 Australian Derby
- Failed in only start over 2000m, was seventh in the Victoria Derby
- Will the extra distance take away his devastating sprint
Whether you think It’s A Dundeel can win or not, ensure you are getting the best value for your Derby Day selections by visiting bookmaker.com.au.
They currently have a special $500 bonus bet available for new customers and are the innovators of Quickbet technology – the fastest way to bet!