The Chris Waller trained two year ods The...
As far as the betting market is concerned, the Group 2 2013 Tulloch Stakes (2000m) is set to be an open affair.
Taking place as part of the bumper Golden Slipper day card at Rosehill on Saturday, the Tulloch Stakes is restricted to three-year-olds and offers $175,000 in prizemoney.
Current favourite is Darley colt Proverb who is at $4 but only slightly ahead of Victorian colt Philippi ($4.80).
Occupying the third line of betting is in-form Gai Waterhouse-trained galloper Hippopus ($5) while Philippi’s stablemate High Shot ($8) is also under double figures.
Many of these horses are relatively unknown but are being set on paths to bigger things such as the Australian Derby.
Don’t know much about this field? Need some help deciding your picks? Keep reading for the tips from the experts at bookmaker.com.au.
#3 Phillipi $4.80
- Has improved with every run this preparation and is at a distance that suits
- Was second with a strong run behind Hvasstan in Group 2 Alister Clark Stakes (2040m)
- Good record, three wins from six starts
- Drawn well in barrier four with top jockey Luke Nolen aboard
#15 High Shot $8
- Has been hype about this horse since debuting with a win in October
- Unplaced from three starts this autumn but gets up to a more suitable distance here
- Won in the wet before, likely to be slow or heavy this weekend
- Nicely drawn in barrier seven, gun jockey Craig Williams in saddle
#8 Hippopus $5
- Stepping up in class but in terrific form
- Won last two starts at Canterbury over 1900m
- From the stable of Sydney’s queen trainer Gai Waterhouse
- Gai Waterhouse-Nash Rawiller combo
- Should be able to assume a good position from barrier two
Whether you agree with our Tulloch Stakes selections or fancy some your own picks, outstanding odds can be found at bookmaker.com.au.
There has never been a better time to join the Australian-owned bookie as they are currently offering a special autumn $500 bonus bet to customers who join quoting the code BONUSBET!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.