A massive day at Rosehill on Saturday featuring five Group 1 races and one of the highlights is the $400,000 2013 George Ryder Stakes (1500m).
Boom colt Pierro is the $1.60 favourite to continue his sensational autumn form while fellow three-year-old Rebel Dane is the next best at $7.
Chris Waller’s multiple Group 1 winner Shoot Out ($8.50) is the only other runner under double figures after winning the Chipping Norton Stakes first-up.
Following the top three is Canterbury Stakes third Solzhenitsyn ($13) before a host of horses on the next line of betting at $21 including Laser Hawk ($21), Danleigh ($21) and Veyron ($21).
Not sure who to back in this exciting Group 1? Keep reading as the Races.com.au experts have been hard at work to bring you our very best tipping selections.
#11 Pierro $1.60
- Absolute superstar and deserves his price
- Has won on all surfaces so wet track is no problem
- Heads into the race in tremendous form, chasing a third straight win and on the back of a G1 WFA win
- Record speaks for itself. 10 wins from 12 starts and $3.9 million in prizemoney
- Regular jockey Nash Rawiller back aboard, knows the horse better than anyone
#9 Solzhenitsyn $13
- Tough Queenslander who has proven himself a top-class performer
- Won at Group 1 level in the spring
- Is coming off a strong third in the Canterbury Stakes where he boxed on from a tough position
- 1500m suits, is a 1600m specialist
- Record of 11 wins and nine minor placings from 27 starts
#1 Shoot Out $8.50
- Consistent Group 1 performer, has won five times in the top grade
- Is coming off a win in the Chipping Norton Stakes
- Drawn well in barrier four
Agree with our George Ryder Stakes tips? Fancy some of your own? Whoever you are backing, ensure you are getting great odds on all Slipper Day action by betting at bookmaker.com.au, home of the special autumn $500 bonus bet offer!