This Saturday Rosehill Gardens will host a bumper nine-race card for Rosehill Guineas Day, one of the headline events on the card being the 2013 The Galaxy– tips and exotic betting selections for the always popular sprint showdown for which are listed below.
Due to jump as Rosehill Race 7 at 4:10pm (AEST) the $350,000 Group 1 Canterbury BMW Galaxy (1100m) will run with a full 14 starter field with the first two emergencies set to run following the early withdrawal of #1 Hay List and #14 Adebisi.
There are three single-figure chances in the latest The Galaxy odds with the favourite being speedy young Snitzel filly Snitzerland ($3.30) coming off a record breaking win in the Challenge Stakes.
Her main dangers are then perceived to be three time Group 1 winner Sea Siren ($4.40) back racing down under after a failed Hong Kong run back in December, and high class sprinter Pampelonne ($7.50) who has trialed well ahead of their first-up run for the autumn.
But are these three top fancies the ones to lock into you Galaxy Trifecta bets at bookmaker.com.au? Or is there value to be had backing and including some of the longer priced contenders like Challenge Stakes runner-up Decision Time ($16) or lightly-raced young filly Isabella Snowflake ($17) who was the second emergency?
#2 Sea Siren ($4.40)
- One of the country’s top sprinters
- Has 56kg but class to overcome
- Ace barrier two draw should give her the gun run
- Boasts three Group 1 wins including the Manikato Stakes in the spring
- Was on fire around this time last year with a Light Fingers Stakes win, Surround Stakes second and then back-to-back elite levels in Brisbane
- Has a nice first-up record (3-2-0-1) and is fresh here
- If you can forgive Hong Kong she looks right after a good couple of Sydney trials
- Consistent Win Rate of 54.55%
#5 Snitzerland ($3.30)
- Deserved favourite, but favourites have a poor record in this race
- Speedy three-year-old looked in awesome form with her record breaking Challenge Stakes win
- Three The Galaxy winners in the past 10 years have come via the Challenge Stakes but the last Galaxy winner to come off a victory in any race was Jetball (1994)
- Third best Win Rate (58.33%)
- Likes Rosehill (3-1-1-0) and is a winner at her only start over the distance to date when taking out the Group 3 San Domenico (1100m) first-up here back in August
- Has to run under handicap conditions meeting many of her Challenge Stakes rivals worse in the weights this time round giving the likes of runner-up Decision Time and third placed Howmuchdoyouloveme the chance to turn the tables
- Is the right age with five three-year-olds winning The Galaxy over the past 10 years
#3 Decision Time ($16)
- Second to Snitzerland in the Challenge Stakes and will improve off that run
- Wide barrier 12 draw to overcome but James McDonald stays on here
- McDonald rode last year’s The Galaxy winner Temple Of Boom to victory
- Has won one of their three second-up assignments before
- Good record at Rosehill (7-3-2-0) and undefeated over the distance (2-2-0-0)
- Won a black type at this track and distance in February 2011
Roughie We Like
#16 Isabella Snowflake ($17)
- Earned a start with two early scratchings and will be out to make that count
- Gets in with just 52kg which works in her favour
- Ultra consistent record with four wins from five starts to date giving her the best Win Rate (80%) and Place Percentage (100%) in this field
- Won at stakes level first-up at Flemington last time out beating a decent field including Ready To Rip and Karuta Queen
- Huge class rise but shouldn’t be forgotten completely
- Is another three-year-old so in the right age bracket
- Yet to race in Sydney but showed she could handle that way of racing with close second in a Randwick barrier trial last Friday
Whether you’re taking us up on our Galaxy betting tips or backing your own selections in this Saturday’s feature sprint, the horse racing odds you need can be found online at bookmaker.com.au.
So sign-up with bookmaker.com.au today and enjoy having your first deposit matched dollar for dollar as a bonus bet valued up to a generous $400!
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change