She’s the form runner in the field but can Steps In Time continue her streak and claim her first Group 1 win in the 2013 Coolmore Classic (1500m) at Rosehill on Saturday?
There’s no doubting her ability but it won’t be an easy task, carrying 57.5kg against a quality group of fillies and mares.
The John O’Shea-trained mare looks an improved galloper from the one seen in past seasons and will head into the race with two strong wins behind her.
After fighting off Red Tracer to claim the Group 2 Thoroughbred Breeders’ Classic first-up she backed that up with a dominant front-running performance to win the Listed Wiggle Stakes by three lengths.
So will the strong form continue? Or will she again be just shy of Group 1 class? Keep reading for some important facts on Steps In Time as well as a summary of her chances in the Coolmore Classic.
#3 Steps In Time – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 15
- Jockey: Nash Rawiller
- Trainer: John O’Shea
- Weight: 57.5kg
- Owners: N J Hoar, M J Everett & J S Jackson
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Mare
- Breeding: by Danehill Dancer out of Rare Insight
- Career: 16-8-1-1
- Win: 50%
- Place: 13%
- Last 6: 017811
- Prize Money: $602,950
- Track: 1-1-0-0
- Distance: 1-0-0-0
- Current 2013 Coolmore Classic Odds: $6
Why Steps In Time Can Win 2013 Coolmore Classic
- In outstanding form, having won her only two starts this autumn
- Will improve and third-up is fit and ready for this
- A stronger, more mature mare than seen in previous campaigns
- Is one from one at the track
- Top front-running jockey Nash Rawiller rides
Why Steps In Time Can’t Win 2013 Coolmore Classic
- Carries 57.5kg, far more then a number of classy fillies
- Yet to win at more than 1400m
- Yet to win at Group 1 level
- Could have to do a lot of work to get across and take lead from barrier 15