There are plenty of quality fillies lining up to take on the older mares in the Group 1 2013 Coolmore Classic (1500m) at Rosehill on Saturday and heading the group is Norzita.
The Bart Cummings-trained filly brings strong form into the race and is a $5 favourite to add a second Group 1 win to her resume.
She’s still lightly raced with five wins from eight starts and takes on the older horses for the first time this weekend.
So will this exciting filly make it Group 1 win number 266 for the legendary Cummings? Or is she an undeserving favourite in a classy field?
Keep reading for the stats that matter and the pros and cons about Norzita in the $600,000 Rosehill feature.
#7 Norzita – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 7
- Jockey: James McDonald
- Trainer: Bart Cummings
- Owners: Dato Tan Chin Nam & Westcode Pty Ltd Syndicate (MGR: TUNKU AHMAD YAHAYA)
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Filly
- Breeding: by Thorn Park out of Visique
- Career: 8-3-3-0
- Win: 38%
- Place: 38%
- Last 6: 522112
- Prize Money: $460,900
- Track: 2-1-1-0
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2013 Coolmore Classic Odds: $5
Why Norzita Can Win 2013 Coolmore Classic
- Hugely talented filly, won three of eight starts including once at Group 1 level
- Has two starts for a win and a second this autumn
- Trained by the legendary Bart Cummings
- Has a win and a second from two starts at the track
- Is one from one at the distance
- Well weighted with 54.5kg
Why Norzita Can’t Win the 2013 Coolmore Classic
- Was slightly flat when run over the top of by Flying Snitzel in Kewney Stakes last start
- Takes on the older horses for the first time
- Meets a genuine Group 1 field, needs to be absolutely at the top of her game
Think Norzita can win the Coolmore? Fancy another horse? Whoever you like, give yourself access to great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au!
The Australian-owned bookie is offering great odds on all the exciting Rosehill action as well as a $400 bonus bet offer! for new customers.