A capacity field of sixteen fillies will line up...
This Saturday one of the majors running at Rosehill Gardens will be the 2013 Ranvet Stakes, the Races.com.au team’s exclusive form guide and betting preview for which is detailed below.
The weight-for-age $400,000 Group 1 Ranvet Stakes (2000m) is scheduled to run as Rosehill Race 6 at 3:30pm (AEST) this year with the field down to 12 hopefuls following the early withdrawal of Single who was drawn in barrier six.
It is shaping up as a tight two-horse betting battle for the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival classic too with the current top elect in the Ranvet Stakes odds being the ultra-consistent Fiveandahalfstar at $3.
Going in with the weight advantage as a three-year-old with only 54.5kg the reigning Victoria Derby champ comes off three close second place finishes most recent behind Super Cool when a nose away in the Group 1 Australian Cup (2000m) on March 9.
The next best fancied to win the Ranvet Stakes is then Kiwi mare Silent Achiever ($3.70) coming off a fourth in the Chipping Norton before the defending Ranvet Stakes winner Manighar rounds out the single-figure fancies at a quote of $7.50.
So are these three shorties in the markets the ones to lock in for your 2013 Ranvet Stakes trifecta?
Or is there value to be had backing one of the longer-priced chances such as last start Auckland Cup winner Sangster ($12)?
To help you uncover the winning Ranvet Stakes bets below are the must know facts on the race based on the form guide, historical data and statistical facts.
2013 Ranvet Stakes Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Ranvet Stakes winner was the Peter Moody-trained Manighar who jumped from barrier four (of 13) with Luke Nolen in the saddle and who came off a win in the Australian Cup
- This year #1 Manighar ($7.50) is back to defend their title with Nolen in the saddle again but they have drawn wide in gate 10 and where unplaced in their lead-up run when a disappointing 11th in the Chipping Norton Stakes
- Last year’s winning barrier (4) meanwhile belongs on Saturday to the race favourite #13 Fiveandahalfstar ($3)
- This year’s Australian Cup winner Super Cool isn’t backing up in the Ranvet but the runner-up #13 Fiveandahalfstar is and they were only a short half-head away
- #13 Fiveandahalfstar is out to become the 24th three-year-old to win the Ranvet and the first since Gold Guru (1998)
- There are two last-start winners in the mix this year with #2 Sangster (Group 1, Auckland Cup, 3200m, Ellerslie NZ, 06/03/2013) and #11 Prince Cheri (NMW1Y Handicap, 1550m, Canterbury, 08/03/2013)
- #11 Prince Cheri ($18) also boasts the highest Win Rate of the field with 66.67% followed by #12 Silent Achiever (42.86%)
- Yet to finish out of the money in their short three-start career to date #11 Prince Cheri also has a 100% Place Rate followed by #12 Silent Achiever (71.43%), #6 Kelinni (66.67%) and #1 Manighar (65.63%)
- Horses with the best record at the track are the defending champ #1 Manighar (2-2-0-0), #3 Foreteller (4-2-0-0), #5 Niwot (6-2-2-0), #6 Kelinni (3-1-2-0) and #13 Fiveandahalfstar (4-1-0-1)
- Over the distance (2000m) the contenders to back are #1 Manighar (4-2-1-1), #8 Gatewood (5-3-1-0), #10 Mourinho (3-2-0-1), #4 Mawingo (5-2-0-1), #2 Sangster (5-1-1-2) and #12 Silent Achiever (3-1-0-0)
- #1 Manighar (1-1-0-0) is then the only previous winner at the Track & Distance
- If successful #1 Manighar will become the 12th multiple Ranvet Stakes winning joining Malt King (1911-1912), Limerick (1927-28), Lough Neagh (1936-37), Columnist (1947-48), Wenona Girl (1961, 1964), Sky High (1962-63), Gunsynd (1971, 1973), Marceau (1978-79), Beau Zam (1988-89), Tie The Knot (2000-01) and Theseo (2009-10)
- 12 fillies / mares have been successful most recently Tuesday Joy (2008); this year the only female in the field is #12 Silent Achiever ($3.70)
Stay tuned to Races.com.au for our insider Ranvet Stakes betting tips to be published shortly.
Think you’ve already got the right horses picked out and want to back them at the best prices in the country? Head straight to bookmaker.com.au and bet with the online bookie rewarding its first-time depositing customers with a bonus bet valued up to $400!
2013 Ranvet Stakes Field & Form Guide
Rosehill Race 6 – 3:30pm (AEST) – 23/03/2013
|1.||MANIGHAR||P G Moody||Luke Nolen||10||59||7yoG||14||$111,435||32: 10 6 5||31.25%||65.63%||3x26x0|
|2.||SANGSTER||T L Busuttin||Opie Bosson||7||59||4yoG||17||$74,794||19: 6 3 2||31.58%||57.89%||002111|
|3.||FORETELLER||C J Waller||Jimmy Cassidy||3||59||6yoG||14||$21,334||27: 8 1 1||29.63%||37.04%||9×2517|
|4.||MAWINGO||Anthony Freedman||Hugh Bowman||5||59||5yoH||14||$38,381||16: 4 2 4||25.00%||62.50%||08×240|
|5.||NIWOT||“M, W and J Hawkes||Not Notified||9||59||8yoG||13||$34,652||35: 9 4 1||25.71%||40.00%||800×64|
|6.||KELINNI||C J Waller||Nash Rawiller||1||59||5yoG||14||$36,643||21: 8 3 3||38.10%||66.67%||214×59|
|7.||MALUCKYDAY||“M, W and J Hawkes||Not Notified||12||59||6yoG||14||$66,080||20: 5 3 2||25.00%||50.00%||250×56|
|8.||GATEWOOD||C J Waller||Corey Brown||13||59||5yoH||14||$30,159||13: 5 2 1||38.46%||61.54%||716×67|
|9.||SINGLE||Craig Carmody||Not Notified||6||59||5yoG||21||$20,319||13: 6 2 0||46.15%||61.54%||11×925|
|10.||MOURINHO||Peter Gelagotis||Not Notified||11||59||5yoG||12||$17,773||14: 4 2 2||28.57%||57.14%||021×73|
|11.||PRINCE CHERI||David Vandyke||Jay Ford||2||58.5||4yoH||15||$16,352||3: 2 1 0||66.67%||100.00%||12×1|
|12.||SILENT ACHIEVER||R A James||James Mc Donald||8||57||4yoM||14||$50,746||14: 6 2 2||42.86%||71.43%||414×24|
|13.||FIVEANDAHALFSTAR||A J Cummings||Peter Robl||4||54.5||3yoG||14||$70,470||18: 3 5 1||16.67%||50.00%||11×222|
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.