Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
The action of the Sydney Autumn Racing Carnival continues with the season’s latest Group 1 at Warwick Farm this Saturday, an exclusive Randwick Guineas 2013 form guide and betting analysis detailed below.
Due to run as Warwick Farm Race 6 at 4:10pm (AEST) this year’s $500,000 Group 1 Hyland Race Colours Royal Randwick Guineas (1600m) has drawn a crack final field of 13 three-year-olds.
The latest Randwick Guineas odds are led by the ultra-consistent Rebel Dane at a firming quote of $2.80 to win their fourth race at career win number six.
First-up winner of the Group 2 Royal Sovereign Stakes (1200m) Gary Portelli’s California Dane colt was last seen suffering their first career loss when a devastatingly close second to superstar Pierro in the Group 2 Hobartville Stakes (1400m).
Also coming off a run in the Hobartville Stakes in the wet at Rosehill from March 2 are then the two next best fancied horses in the Randwick Guineas betting markets with the Gai Waterhouse-trained Proisir (3rd) and Spring Champion Stakes winner It’s A Dundeel (4th) who pay $3.40 and $6.50 respectively to win on the weekend.
But are this dominant three the ones to back in the Randwick Guineas 2013 trifecta through bookmaker.com.au on the weekend?
Or is there a longer priced contender such as Australian Guineas winner Ferlax ($15) who have a shot at the title?
To help you back this year’s Randwick Guineas winner the team at Races.com.au has gone through the field, form guide, betting history and stats on the race to come up with the below must know facts.
2013 Randwick Guineas Form Facts & Betting Stats
- Last year’s Randwick Guineas winner was the Robert Smerdon-trained filly Mosheen who came off a win in the Australian Guineas, and jumped from barrier 12 (of 14) with Danny Nikolic in the saddle
- This year #4 Ferlax will look to complete the same Guineas double having won the Australian Guineas as a $16 outsider last start; they are at a similar price for the Randwick edition at $15 and are the only last start winner in the race this year
- #2 Tatra ($26) from the stables of Peter Snowden meanwhile will jump from last year’s winning barrier 12
- #2 Tatra is also the only horse with a previous win at Warwick Farm having taken out the Listed Ming Dynasty Hcp here last September; they also ran third in their other start at the track behind Albrecht in the Group 3 Up & Coming Stakes
- There are no fillies looking to go back-to-back for the females
- Being undefeated #4 Ferlax also boasts the best Win and Place rates of the field with 100%
- The next best Winning Strike Rates then belong to #6 Sacred Falls (85.71%) and #7 Rebel Dane (80.00%)
- The favourite #7 Rebel Dane ($2.80) also boasts a 100% Place Percentage with four wins and a second from five starts
- Over the distance the horses with the best record are #1 It’s A Dundeel (1-1-0-0), #2 Tatra (3-1-1-1), #3 Proisir (1-1-0-0), #4 Ferlax (1-1-0-0), #6 Sacred Falls (1-1-0-0) and #9 Proverb ($31) who hasn’t won in their four attempts at the mile but who has run third in all four of those starts
Stay tuned for our insider Randwick Guineas betting tips to be published shortly.
Already have your selections for the weekend’s major and want to lock them in at the best prices? Head straight to the 100 percent Aussie owned and operated bookmaker.com.au who also have a bonus $400 welcome bet waiting for new depositing players!
2013 Randwick Guineas Field & Form Guide
Warwick Farm Race 6 – 4:10pm (AEST) – 16/03/2013
|1.||IT’S A DUNDEEL||M P Baker||James Mc Donald||2||56.5||3yoC||14||$61,363||8: 5 1 0||62.50%||75.00%||1127×4|
|2.||TATRA||Peter Snowden||Kerrin Mc Evoy||12||56.5||3yoC||14||$37,763||12: 3 1 2||25.00%||50.00%||1021×9|
|3.||PROISIR||Ms G Waterhouse||Hugh Bowman||3||56.5||3yoC||14||$64,938||6: 3 1 1||50.00%||83.33%||1128×3|
|4.||FERLAX||J T Conlan||Brett Prebble||8||56.5||3yoC||14||$83,000||4: 4 0 0||100.00%||100.00%||1111|
|5.||TOUGHER THAN EVER||C J Waller||Jimmy Cassidy||10||56.5||3yoC||21||$25,955||12: 3 2 3||25.00%||66.67%||163×42|
|6.||SACRED FALLS||C J Waller||Corey Brown||9||56.5||3yoC||28||$41,634||7: 6 0 0||85.71%||85.71%||1111×5|
|7.||REBEL DANE||G Portelli||Jason Collett||1||56.5||3yoC||14||$62,816||5: 4 1 0||80.00%||100.00%||111×12|
|8.||ASHOKAN||J A O’shea||Peter Robl||13||56.5||3yoC||6||$23,016||11: 1 2 1||9.09%||36.36%||46×462|
|9.||PROVERB||Peter Snowden||Christian Reith||11||56.5||3yoG||14||$19,930||10: 2 1 4||20.00%||70.00%||3133×5|
|10.||SOLEMN||Peter Snowden||Joshua Parr||6||56.5||3yoC||14||$11,135||9: 2 1 0||22.22%||33.33%||6121×7|
|11.||HIGH SHOT||M C Kent||Glyn Schofield||7||56.5||3yoC||14||$8,300||3: 1 0 0||33.33%||33.33%||1×68|
|12.||CASINO SWOOP||John Thompson||Tommy Berry||4||56.5||3yoG||8||$4,560||5: 1 2 0||20.00%||60.00%||212×95|
|13.||SHAWANO||A J Cummings||Blake Shinn||5||56.5||3yoC||10||$2,854||5: 0 1 1||0.00%||40.00%||427×37|
*All odds quoted are Fixed Win from bookmaker.com.au and subject to change
*Form Guide Credit – Ladbrokes.com.au
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.