Mr Moet will start among the top chances in the 2013 Australian Cup (2000m) but will connections be popping corks after the $1 million race?
There is no denying the Perth Stayer has been in terrific form in his Melbourne preparation to date but the $1 million Australian Cup is always a tough race to win.
A Group 1 winner at home in Perth, trainer Adam Durrant has chosen to target one of the autumn’s toughest races with a horse who has not missed a place in his past 12 starts.
Among the obstacles Mr Moet has to overcome are an outside barrier 13 draw and a tough field headed by Melbourne Cup winner Green Moon.
Not sure on this consistent Perth galloper? Keep reading for some key Mr Moet stats as well as the pros and cons about his Australian Cup chances.
#4 Mr Moet – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 13
- Jockey: Daniel Staeck
- Trainer: Adam Durrant
- Owners: HJ Smith, Mrs CG Smith, Mrs BF Trevenen, MJ Trevenen, Mrs RJ Smith and MJ Smith
- Age: 5YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Mosayter(USA) out of Marlock Miss (AUS)
- Career: 29-12-7-3
- Win: 41%
- Place: 34%
- Last 6: 121232
- Prize Money: $1.35 million
- Track: 0-0-0-0
- Distance: 2-1-0-0
- Current 2013 Australian Cup Odds: $5.50
Why Mr Moet Can win the 2013 Australian Cup
- Quality in-form galloper
- Group 1 winner
- Flew home for a strong second in traditional lead-up the Peter Young Stakes
- Will appreciate rise in distance, has won at the trip
- Has excellent combination with jockey Daniel Staeck
- Outstanding winning strike rate of 41%, 12 from 29 starts
Why Mr Moet Can’t win the 2013 Australian Cup
- Yet to win outside of Western Australia
- Is up to the class off east-coast Group 1 horses like Green Moon?
- Barrier 13, the widest in the field, tricky?
Like Mr Moet? Green Moon? Another horse? It doesn’t matter who you fancy, excellent odds can be found at bookmaker.com.au!
Autumn betting has never been better than at the Australian-owned bookie who are offering a huge $400 bonus bet offer to new customers who sign up quoting the code BONUSBET!