Murwillumbah trainer Matthew Dunn is looking...
All the talk is about Melbourne this week but there is still a quality day of racing in Sydney at Warwick Farm and one of the key races on the program is the Group 2 2013 Surround Stakes (1400m).
An exciting group of three-year-old fillies will contest the $175,000 event and Bennetta is currently a clear favourite at $2.40.
Crown Oaks winner Dear Demi ($6) will be out to turn the tables after running third in the Light Fingers Stakes while Driefontein follows closely at $6.50.
Only one other runner falls under double figures with Darley filly Meidung ($8.50) due to kick off her autumn campaign.
Plenty of decent horses at bigger odds including Brave Soul ($13), Royal Descent ($14), and Longport ($18).
For some help with your Surround Stakes selections, keep reading for the expert views from the Races.com.au team.
#3 Bennetta $2.40
- Difficult to look past the favourite here, classy filly in form
- Chasing a fourth straight win
- Was dominant last start when beating many of Saturday’s rivals in the Group 2 Light Fingers Stakes
- Looks on upward scale towards bigger things
#2 Dear Demi $6
- Quality galloper who has finished in the top three 11 times from 16 starts
- Group 1 winner
- Has won at the distance
- Has won at the track
- Should improve second-up with more distance
#4 Longport $18
- Happy to forgive first-up run, quality filly
- Has won at track and distance
- Group 2 winner
- One of the most consistent fillies of the spring, can return to those heights
Think Bennetta will be too strong? Fancy one of the outside hopes? Ensure you are getting great odds on your selection by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
There has never been a better time to sign up at the Australian-owned bookie as they are currently offering a huge 400 bonus bet offer to customers who sign up quoting the code BONUSBET!
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.