A massive day of racing at Flemington on Saturday and one of the key support races to the big Group 1s is the Group 2 2013 Blamey Stakes (1600m).
The field contains a number of quality gallopers who will be going on to bigger things throughout the autumn and into the spring.
Current favourite is New Zealand veteran Wall Street who heads the nine-horse field at $4.20.
Sharing the second line of betting at $4.80 are current Melbourne Cup favourite Puissance De Lune and Mick Price’s gelding Callanish.
Dany The Fox is a $7.50 chance to record a third straight victory while Budriguez ($8) also falls under double figures.
Need some help determining your Blamey Stakes selections? Then read on for as the Races.com.au form analysts have been hard at work to bring you our very best selections.
#1 Puissance De Lune $4.80
- Distance may be a touch short of ideal but this import looks to be something special
- Having just a short autumn campaign so will be ready to go first-up
- Huge wins last prep at Listed and Group 3 level to shoot into Melbourne Cup favouritism
- Has an excellent combination with champion jockey Glen Boss
- Should be able to find a good position on the fence from barrier one
#5 Dany The Fox $8
- In sensational form, chasing a third straight win
- Outstanding career record, six wins from 13 starts
- Beat Wall Street at the distance in the Listed Kilmore Cup last start
- Two-time winner at the distance
- Has won at the track
#2 Budriguez $8.50
- Coming off a strong Group 2 third in a quality Peter Young Stakes field
- Won twice at distance
- Won two of last three starts
- Well drawn in barrier three with top jockey Craig Williams aboard
Whether you agree with our tips or not, ensure you are getting great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au!
Enter the code BONUSBET when joining to give your betting a huge boost with their sensational $400 bonus bet offer!