Trainer Kris Lees’ multiple Group 1 winner Le...
This Saturday an ace field of middle distance gallopers will face off in the Chipping Norton Stakes 2013 at Warwick Farm, the Races.com.au team’s insider tips for which have been made public knowledge right here.
There are 14 hopefuls all with genuine claims of success in this year’s $350,000 Group 1 mile feature including the reigning Chipping Norton Stakes winner Shoot Out who is the firming $4.80 favourite in the bookmaker.com.au markets.
In from $5 earlier in the betting, the Chris Waller-trained six-year-old is after not only back-to-back Chipping Norton Stakes victories but also their incredible fifth Group 1 title.
Still they will face a tough first-up assignment here with the likes of Peter Moody’s triple Group 1 champ Manighar ($5.50) and exciting Kiwi mare Silent Achiever ($6.50) looking to steal the spotlight.
So to help you separate the pretenders from the contenders when placing your Chipping Norton Stakes bets this weekend below we have our tips for the big one in Sydney.
#3 Shoot Out ($4.80)
- Firming favourite for a reason having been well backed in the past 24 hours
- Should get a gun run from gate two so long as the rain stays away
- Won this race with ease over stablemate (and then defending champ) Danleigh 12 months ago
- Hugh Bowman back in the saddle
- Has the support of Waller who will line up six in this race
- Four time Group 1 winner so know how to win when it counts
- First-up record is good including their Group 1 George Main Stakes (1600m) at Randwick in the spring
- Three wins from seven starts over the mile
- Only one double figure chance has won the race since 1983 making Shoot Out’s price perfect
#1 Manighar ($5.50)
- Don’t have the draw (14) but if there’s a wet track that’s probably not a bad place to be over a mile
- Genuine weight-for-age star from last autumn with the Australian Cup – Ranvet Stakes – The BMW treble to their name
- If they come back in even half as good form will be a force to be reckoned with
- Weight-for-age conditions suit as does the distance
- Resume here after an injury enforced spell and race track whispers are they are ready to go
- Their first-up record is awesome (5-2-2-1) so fresh is best for this one
- Highest earner in the field having amassed over $3.5 million in prize money
#10 Alma’s Fury ($21)
- Adds great value to the trifecta and exotics – looks way over the odds based on the form
- Drawn well in gate six so off the rails if its choppy but not too wide that they can’t get into a great position
- Come off back-to-back wins their last of which they beat a very similar field including Tougher Than Ever (2nd) and Danleigh (3rd) – both of whom are shorter in the markets here – with an impressive victory in the mud in the Group 2 Apollo Stakes (1400m)
- That form is tough to line up because of the bog track but conditions could be similar on Saturday if the skies open up
- Also competitive at this track and distance in December from a horror barrier 15 of 18 draw when defeated a nose in the Group 2 Villiers Stakes
- Expect a big run
Lock in our Chipping Norton Stakes trifecta tip online now at the best price through bookmaker.com.au enjoying a courtesy bet on the house valued at 100 percent of your first deposit when you use the exclusive code word BONUSBET!
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.