Betting for the 2018 Group 1 $700,000 Altus...
Mark Kavanagh-trained gelding Super Cool heads into Saturday’s Group 1 $1 million 2013 Australian Cup (2000m) as one of two three-year-olds in the race.
But that doesn’t mean he is without a chance. Especially according to the punters.
The son of Fastnet Rock is the market mover in the field, having been backed in from $5.50 to $4.80 at bookmaker.com.au.
He brings tremendous form into the race, arriving at Flemington on Saturday on the back of a one-length win in the Group 2 Autumn Classic.
So is Super Cool ready to step up and claim a weight-for-age Group 1? Or has it all come too soon for the talented three-year-old?
Keep reading for the key Super Cool Australian Cup facts and the reasons as to why and why not he can not be successful against the older horses.
Super Cool – Horse Facts
- Barrier: 3
- Jockey: Michael Rodd
- Trainer: Mark Kavanagh
- Owners: Rokk Ebony Synd (MGR: TJ Torcasio), Calabria Synd, Wind Flyer Racing, Rokk Ebony No 2 Sydn, Mr AE Fargas, Mr BCD Holt
- Age: 3YO
- Gender: Gelding
- Breeding: by Fasntet Rock (Aus) out of Queen Mother (USA)
- Career: 8-3-3-0
- Win: 38%
- Place: 38%
- Last 6: 421231
- Prize Money: $600,300
- Track: 2-0-1-0
- Distance: 1-1-0-0
- Current 2013 Australian Cup Odds: $4.80
Why Super Cool Can Win the 2013 Australian Cup
- In form and running third-up, rock-hard fit
- Has won at the distance
- Finished second at Flemington in the Victoria Derby last year
- Drawn well in barrier three
- Has a weight advantage over the older horses under WFA conditions, carrying just 54.5kg
Why Super Cool Can’t Win the 2013 Australian Cup
- Takes on a number of seasoned older horses
- Yet to win at Group 1 level
It doesn’t matter who you are backing in the Australian Cup, give yourself access to great odds by betting at bookmaker.com.au.
For the very best in betting sign up today quoting the code BONUSBET to take advantage of their huge $400 bonus bet offer!
Racing fields and data are copyright 2011-2018 © Racing Australia Pty Ltd (RA) (and other parties working with it).
Racing materials, including fields, form and results, is subject to copyright which is owned by RA and other parties working with it. Full copyright notice.